Asst. Superintendent Position Rancho Murieta C. C.
Rancho Murieta Country Club is a 36 hole private facility located 25 miles from Sacramento. The club is currently accepting resumes for the position of Assistant Golf Course Superintendent.
- Supervises maintenance staff in daily duties
- Supervises cultural practices involved in growing turfgrass and ornamental plants
- Keeps accurate records of annual maintenance activities such as fertilizer and pesticide applications
- Ensures all company policies and procedures are followed including compliance with government regulations
- Manages mechanics, irrigation techs, foremans, equipment operators and greenkeepers
- Assures that effective orientation and training are given to each new associate
- Organizes monthly safety meetings
- Bi-Lingual a plus
- Represents the GCS during his absences
- Must have the ability to multi-task and work long hours during the peak golf season
- Complete knowledge of the game of Golf
- Associate’s Degree in Turfgrass Management
- 3 Years as an Assistant Superintendent
- Valid Drivers License
- Qualified Applicator Certificate
Shadowridge Golf Club Assistant Golf Course Superintendent
Posted September 5, 2018
Property: Shadowridge Country Club is an 18-hole Private Country Club located in north San Diego County. A David Rainville designed layout that opened in 1981 features Poa/Bent greens, with Santa Ana Bermuda grass on Tees, Fairways and Rough.
- Highly motivated individual to assist in management of the daily responsibilities of an 18-hole facility.
- Previous golf course management/leadership is an advantage.
- 2-4 year degree in Agronomy or related field
- Spanish speaker a plus
- California Pesticide License
- Assist in the management, training and development of employees. Recruit new employees as needed.
- Effectively communicate and coordinate agronomy plans with staff of employees.
- Communicate professionally with members and guest’s maintenance activities performed on the course.
- Execute agronomic maintenance programs including Fertility, Pesticide and Irrigation management.
- Attention to detail and accuracy, with good organizational skills.
- Ability to work independently, able to plan proactively and function under pressure while adapting to an ever changing environment.
- Strong work ethic, enthusiasm, with a positive attitude and the desire to excel and advance within the industry.
- 46K TO 52K Annually
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Paid Vacation
- Clothing Allowance
- GCSAA & Chapter dues paid
Send resumes to: Randy Hopton, Golf Course Superintendent
Shadowridge Golf Club firstname.lastname@example.org
Lahontan Golf Club, Assistant Superintendent Position
Posted September 10, 2018
Salary: $46-50k + benefits
Lahontan Golf Club is located in the spectacular Martis Valley. Tom Weiskopf designed a course that combines great attention to detail and beautiful natural surroundings, making Lahontan among the finest golf courses in America. Golf amenities include Lake Tahoe’s premier private 18 hole championship course, the 9-hole par 3 course, practice field, and croquet lawn as well as the Spa & Fitness Center, Camp Lahontan, and The Lodge.
The assistant superintendent will be responsible assisting in the daily operations of the golf course, irrigation, course set up, IPM, staff management, application of granular and liquid nutrients and course conditioning. This is a full time, year round position that provides medical benefits, vision, dental, uniforms, meals, travel and dues cost associated with local and regional conferences, fitness bonus and golf.
Menifee Lakes Country Club, Assistant Superintendent Position
Posted August 16, 2018
Menifee Lakes Country Club is seeking A motivated Assistant Superintendent. The Club is home to 36 holes of championship golf designed by Ted Robinson.
The Assistant Golf Course Superintendent reports directly to the Golf Course Superintendent. Under the Superintendent’s supervision, the Assistant Superintendent directs and participates in the maintenance of the golf course tees, greens, fairways, cart paths and irrigation system. The Assistant Superintendent may serve in the Superintendent’s capacity during his/her absence.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assists in planning and supervising the maintenance of greens, tees and fairways; schedules work and supervises the employees and the use of the equipment.
- Instructs equipment operators on the operation and care of mowing and other equipment; supervises pesticide applications and/or operates and calibrates pesticide application equipment; supervises and participates in the operation and maintenance of pumps, and in the maintenance of irrigation and drainage systems.
- Assists in personnel management and evaluation, employee safety, personnel discipline and may also modify the daily work schedule based on professional interpretation.
- Determines need for irrigation, seeding and fertilization rates, sod cutting, and cutting turf grass on fairways, tees, greens and roughs.
- Ensures the proper care and cultivation of shrubs, trees and flowers to include pruning, trimming and spraying. Applies necessary pesticides, fertilizers, fungicides and insecticides to treat the course.
- Ensures that broken lines or irrigation system valves are repaired in a timely manner. Assists in the planning and development of new irrigation systems, including redesigns and modifications of existing systems.
- Maintains daily detailed records of personnel, equipment, supplies, cutting cups and schedules related to the application of fertilizers, sprays and chemicals. Determines usage of same for season.
- Works with Superintendent to plan all maintenance and project work according to best practices as identified by the USGA.
- Administers and enforces employee safety programs.
- Ability to visually inspect golf course conditions and report findings.
- Training of new maintenance personnel.
- Other duties as assigned.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: Responsibilities may include interviewing, hiring and training employees; planning, assigning and directing work; appraising employee performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Associates or Bachelor’s Degree in Turf Grass Management or Two-(2) Year certificate or adequate experience
- Possession of a valid driver’s license.
- Possession of or ability to obtain CA pesticide applicator’s license
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to sit and frequently required to stand, walk, speak and hear. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 80 pounds. The employee is frequently required to use their hands to perform a variety of tasks, and will also frequently reach, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee may occasionally be required to climb or balance. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close, distance and color vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: Work is generally performed outside and will include exposure to outside weather conditions. The employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts, fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
This job description does not state or imply that the above duties and responsibilities are the only duties associated with this position. An employee holding this position may be required to perform other, on the job related duties as requested.
Assistant Superintendent Position
- Assists in planning and supervising the maintenance of greens, tees and fairways; schedules work; and supervises the employees and the use of the equipment.
- Instructs equipment operators on the operation and care of mowing and other equipment; supervises pesticide applications and/or operates and calibrates pesticide application equipment; and supervises and participates in the operation and maintenance of pumps, and in the maintenance of irrigation and drainage systems.
- Assists in personnel management and evaluation, employee safety and personnel discipline.
- May modify the daily work schedule based on professional interpretation.
- Performs other duties as directed by the Superintendent
- Working knowledge of the maintenance of golf course tees, fairways and greens; seeding and maintenance practices for golf course turf; planting, cultivating, pruning, and caring for plants, shrubs and trees; characteristics and proper use of various fertilizers and soil conditioners; herbicides and pest control methods and materials; drainage control methods; and irrigation systems, including wells, pumps and automatic controls.
- Ability to schedule and supervise maintenance work to achieve the most efficient utilization of workers and equipment; prepare clear and concise reports; and maintain effective employee and public relations.
- Possession of a valid driver’s license.
- May require current state certification or licensing as a pesticide applicator.
- Must report for work at required time and dates and maintain a responsible attendance record.
- The ability to follow a supervisor’s instruction, tolerate certain levels of stress, and attend work on a punctual, regular basis
- Work outside for extended periods of time and in all kinds of weather, performing tasks that require physical strength and endurance
Table Mountain Golf Club
The Bridges Club at Rancho Santa Fe, Inc. CA
Position: Assistant Golf Course Superintendent
Posted July 30, 2018
To view this job opportunity, click the link below and you will be sent to Golf Course Superintendents Association of America where you can apply if you are interested.
Position: Assistant Golf Course Superintendent
Employer: The Bridges Club at Rancho Santa Fe
Location: Rancho Santa Fe, California, United States
Description: Assistant Golf Course Superintendent The Bridges Club at Rancho Santa Fe, Inc. CA
|Nestled in the coastal foothills of North San Diego County, our exclusive private country club and residential community is seeking a Wo…|