Assistant Superintendent Position Available
SAN JOAQUIN COUNTRY CLUB
The Assistant Golf Course Superintendent at San Joaquin Country Club is responsible for the daily operation and staff management for one of the premier 18-Hole Private Clubs in Central California.
The Assistant Superintendent reports to the Golf Course Superintendent and is accountable for detailed course conditioning, staff development, diligent water management practices, equipment operations, as well as all chemical & fertilizer applications and fertility programs. Other responsibilities include but are not limited to: leadership within the golf maintenance operation, daily staff scheduling, staff training that emphasizes intricate attention to details in regards to golf course management and the clubhouse grounds, daily course set up, irrigation repair and maintenance as well as maintaining compliance of all regulatory issues.
About San Joaquin Country Club
Located in the heart of Central California, San Joaquin Country Club is a private club with a tradition of character & excellence and offers 18 dramatic holes of golf unlike any in the region. Located adjacent to the San Joaquin River. Golf course was recently renovated with new greens and bunkers.
The club sits at the gateway to the Yosemite National Park and offers unmatched hiking, fishing and skiing in the region.
The Assistant Golf Course Superintendent is responsible for overseeing and providing direction in all aspects of the golf course and grounds facilities administration including course maintenance and human resource management. These responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Maintain positive relationships between the golf course management department, members, guests, employees and community
- Preserve a direct line of communication with Golf Course Superintendent to implement a maintenance schedule that compliments and enhances the membership experience
- Assist and monitor the golf course budget with the Golf Course Superintendent
- Exhibit a strong eye for attention to details
- Execute water management programs that ensure firm playing conditions
- Familiarity with Toro Irrigation central and satellite operations
- Astute knowledge of Warm season grasses – Bermudagrass on tees, fairways and roughs
- Experience with Bentgrass management on greens in warm summer climate
- Oversee golf course equipment and support with preventative maintenance programs and repairs
- Assist in the development of the facility’s golf course maintenance long and short term objectives, goals, policies and programs
- Perceptive upkeep and repair to entire clubhouse and entrance grounds
- Establish and maintain on-going employee training programs
- Maintain effective cost controls for labor and other expenses
- Contribute to proactive soil and water chemistry management programs
- Ensure proper calibration of equipment and applications of chemicals and fertilizers
- Possess or be able to obtain a valid California Pesticide – Qualified Applicator’s License (QAL) or Qualified Applicator’s Certificate (QAC) within 6 months of employment
Salary and Compensation Package
Salary range: $70,000 to $85,000
Salary range is commensurate with qualifications and experience.
This package also includes generous benefits which includes:
- Medical and dental
- Golf privileges
- Food allowance
- Cell phone allowance
- Clothing allowance
- Company truck available for local business use
- GCSAA and Central California GCSA Membership
- Conference and Continuing Education fully covered.
Dario Olivares – Golf Course Superintendent
Please send resumes to: [email protected]
Position is available immediately