Assistant Golf Course Superintendent, Posted March 10, 2020
Brentwood Country Club, Los Angeles, CA
The Brentwood Country Club of Los Angeles, Ca seeks a qualified candidate to join our dynamic and growing team in order to fill an open position for an Assistant Golf Course Superintendent. Located in the Brentwood neighborhood on the exclusive Westside of Los Angeles, the current club was established in 1948. There has been a golf course with the same routing on this site since 1916. The present layout was first implemented by Max Behr in 1924. The course is an 18 hole facility with a 30 person agronomy team working under a multi-million dollar budget. The course utilizes both potable city water in addition to well water for irrigation sources. Over the years the course has undergone several major course renovations and we continually seek to improve the course and grounds through various construction and maintenance projects. The qualified individual will be given a key role in the day to day execution of both daily maintenance practices as well as gain valuable experience in project management and golf course construction.
- Minimum 2 years golf course maintenance experience at a high end facility
- Strong knowledge of Southern California plant materials, irrigation needs and growth habits
- Thorough understanding of irrigation systems, repair, components, and programming
- Ability to properly calibrate and maintain equipment used for chemical and fertilizer applications
- Attention to detail a must
- Flexibility and the resourcefulness to adapt on the go
- Bilingual a plus
- Passionate about turf grass maintenance, quality, and golf turf playing conditions
- Plays Golf
Duties to include but not limited to:
- Assist the Golf Course Superintendent in the day to day planning and execution of the golf course and grounds maintenance
- Inspect golf course, landscape and maintenance areas daily
- Attend and assist with staff meetings and daily startup
- Monitor turf and ornamentals for disease and pests problems, as well as assess for irrigation needs
- Apply various fertilizers and chemicals used in the maintenance of fine turf grass
- Be knowledgeable of, and adhere to all applicable DPR laws and regulations regarding pesticide applications on the golf course and landscape areas
- Supervise and institute quality control practices in order to maintain high standards of maintenance
- Daily irrigation monitoring and assist in programming and scheduling of daily irrigation cycles using central control software
- Schedule, order, and maintain ornamental plants and landscaped areas
- Train team members in the safe and efficient operation of equipment
- Ability to work weekends, holidays, and extra hours
Educational Requirements: B.S. or A.S. degree in a turf management related field, DPR issued Q.A.C or Q.A.L. or ability to obtain one within 90 days of date of hire.
Salary and Benefits:
- Medical and dental, vision plan, life insurance paid
- Dues to national, state, and local chapters
- Attendance to GIS, and local chapter meetings paid
- Continuing education opportunities
- Accrued vacation and sick pay
- Club sponsored scholarship program
- Golfing privileges
- One Meal per shift
To Apply: Position is currently available and open until filled.
Email cover letter and resume to Mike Posey, Golf Course Superintendent at email@example.com
Mike Posey, Golf Course Superintendent, Brentwood Country Club, 590 S. Burlingame Ave.,Los Angeles, CA 90049
TITLE: ASSISTANT GOLF COURSE SUPERINTENDENT
LOCATION: PENINSULA GOLF AND COUNTRY CLUB.
18-hole Donald Ross designed private club in San Mateo, just south of San Francisco. Course restoration completed under the direction of Ron Forse. New 19,000 sq ft state of the art golf course maintenance center completed in 2016. There are several course and infrastructure projects in motion including the development of a reverse osmosis treatment system, well development, tee rebuilds, tree removal, native area establishment and continued Ross course restoration efforts.
RESPONSIBILITIES: Candidate will direct and participate in all matters related to golf course management under the supervision of the Golf Course Superintendent. Position will require periodic OT and weekend supervision of staff as scheduled. REQUIREMENTS: Two/four year degree in related field, two or more years of relevant experience. California QAC or the ability to obtain within 90 days. Desirable candidate will possess the following attributes- Strong attention to detail Self-motivated Solid work ethic Career oriented Strong organizational and interpersonal skills Leads by example Plays and enjoys the game of golf.
STARTING SALARY: $68,000 – $70,000 Annually
BENEFITS: 85% paid health care; paid vacation/holidays 6% matching 401k Clothing allowance Meals; paid association dues Continuing education Golf privileges
CREDENTIALS: Please submit a cover letter and resume to the following: Email Joe Budinich Golf Course Superintendent Peninsula Golf and Country Club firstname.lastname@example.org