Pasatiempo Golf Club 2nd Assistant Superintendent
Posted October 4, 2021
Position Available: 10/1/21
An Alister MacKenzie design, Pasatiempo opened in 1929. Founded by Marion Hollins and built by Robert Hunter, Pasatiempo is a semi-private golf club. Located at the base of the Santa Cruz mountains, overlooking the Monterey Bay, Pasatiempo is listed on Golf Digest top 100 courses.
Duties Include: Supervise the operation and repair of Toro VP satellites and Lynx software. Monitor daily soil moisture and manage irrigation demand. Supervise all chemical and pesticide applications. Maintain inventory of all supplies using Task Tracker and Playbooks software. Direct Audubon recertification. Schedule crew of 24 on weekends and in the absence of 1st Assistant.
Requirements: Two- or Four-Year degree in turf or related field
California Pesticide License
Minimum 4 years working on a golf course maintenance staff. Must be able to operate a wide variety of maintenance equipment. Irrigation repair, spraying and calibrating experience preferred.
Salary/Benefits: Base Salary $67,000 + Annual Bonus Structure
Health Insurance, Meals, Uniforms, 401k Matching, Annual Dues, Golf
Northwood Golf Club is located in Monte Rio, California along the beautiful Russian River. Recently ranked as the 30th best nine hole golf course in the world by Golf.com, Northwood is seeking an experienced individual to fulfill the Assistant Superintendent position.
Job duties include: Maintaining the golf course to standards set by the Superintendent. Hand watering and adjustment of irrigation sprinklers. Identifying issues and coordinating with the Superintendent to take appropriate action. Servicing turf equipment (mowers, utility vehicles, tractors) Basic plumbing, electrical, equipment, and irrigation repairs Supervising a crew of 5 employees to ensure daily work goals are achieved.
|Northwood Golf Club maintains a high standard of golf course conditions and employee conduct. Requirements of the job include: Ability to supervise a crew of 5 employees Ability to act in a professional, friendly manner towards customers and employees. Maintaining a sufficient parts inventory and coordinating necessary equipment repairs Previous experience in golf course maintenance operations Valid Driver’s License. The desire to contribute towards the strong reputation of Northwood Golf Club. Compensation/Salary Information: Pay will be $20-25 per hour depending on experience. Additional benefits package to be discussed with candidate. Please email resume to: email@example.com|
Assistant In Training Sherwood Country Club Posted July 13, 2021
Sherwood Country Club is an 18-hole private Country Club located in the Santa Monica mountains 10 miles east of Malibu. We are seeking a highly motivated individual and detail-oriented candidate for AIT position that will be available July 2021. The AIT reports directly to the Golf Course Superintendent and aids in all aspects of maintenance of the golf course including tees, greens, fairways and cart paths.
The job will include the following, working alongside senior Assistant to learn mower operation, pesticide and fertilizer application, topdressing long with aerification and will also be involved in spot watering and Irrigation maintenance. This position is full-time and has the possibility to turn into a full-time position as a senior Assistant.
Requirements: Working knowledge of:
- Golf Course Maintenance, seeding, planting, cultivating, pruning, hand watering and care of plants, shrubs and trees
- Proper use of fertilizer, herbicides and pest control methods.
- Drainage control and irrigation systems including wells, pumps and automated controls.
Sherwood’ championship golf course is a Jack Nicklaus Design signature golf course. In 2016 the golf course went through a full renovation under Jack’s guidance and with his design team. Over the years, Sherwood Country Club has hosted Shark Shootout, Tiger Woods World Challenge, PGA Tour Champions Invesco QQQ Championship, and the 2020 ZOZO Championship. Our facilities include a Georgian-style golf clubhouse, tennis and fitness center with dining and spa services, state of the art fitness equipment, fourteen outdoor tennis courts including a stadium court, and a sport court for the children, three croquet lawns, swimming pool and Jacuzzis. This is one of the finest facilities in Southern California.
Our outstanding benefits package includes vacation, holiday and sick pay, overtime, 401K, medical, dental, vision and life insurance, employee assistance and scholarship funds, holiday bonus, clothing allowance and golf privileges. Salary $18-$20 hour plus overtime.
Please forward resume to: Andrea Sidman firstname.lastname@example.org
Wanted – Assistant Superintendent Visalia Country Club Posted June 9, 2021
|The Assistant Superintendent is responsible for year round, day-to-day on-site operation and oversight of golf course maintenance and associated administrative functions. Responsible for the staffing and development of regular maintenance staff including: assistants in training, irrigation foremen, greens keepers, equipment operators, and landscape maintenance staff. Duties include personnel functions, daily operations, and short and long-term maintenance planning.|
|Basic Skills Required – Must thoroughly understand the game of golf and be knowledgeable of modern principles, practices and methods of golf course maintenance. Must have excellent interpersonal skills, effectively managing personnel while fostering an atmosphere of teamwork, understanding, cooperation and productivity. Must have demonstrated competence under like business conditions by successfully coordinating activities with multiple components requiring independent follow through and attention to detail. Spanish speaking is a major plus, but is not required. Job Related Experience – A qualified candidate will have at least an Associate’s degree or equivalent from a two-year college or technical school, a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent from a four-year college or technical school is preferred: (suitable courses of study consist of: Turfgrass Management, Agronomy, Soil or Crop Science, and Horticulture) and a minimum of three years of experience in similar working conditions is required. Candidates without an Associate’s or Bachelor’s in a one of the above fields will be considered with appropriate work experience. Thorough understanding of golf course maintenance/hospitality. Private club experience preferred.|
Visalia Country Club is a private Club established in 1922 and operated by its Members for the benefit of its Members and their guests. The Club is dedicated to serving the recreational, social and business desires of its Members and their guests.
Interested parties should forward resumes to; Glenn Matthews, CGCS Visalia Country Club email@example.com 925-525-0849
Asst. Position Healdsburg Golf Club Posted June 9, 2021
Healdsburg Golf Club is managed by Tayman Park Golf Group, CoEqual Employment Opportunity Employers and Drug Free Workplaces. Successful applicant is required to pass a pre-employment background and drug screen and provide a valid social security number that will be verified online.
Position Summary/Purpose: The Assistant Golf Course Superintendent position is responsible for aiding the Regional Superintendent in leading the golf course maintenance team with an 9-hole golf course, grass driving range, practice area, landscaped and wedding area. Additionally, the Assistant Golf Course Superintendent will assist in keeping equipment in efficient, operable, and safe condition, budgeting, and the development and implementation of maintenance programs.
Education: A degree in Turf or related field or a Turfgrass/Landscape maintenance certificate preferred.
Experience: 1 years in similar position with supervisory experience a plus. Experience in golf course product application and water management.
Special: California QAL or ability to obtain within six months
Job Skills: Following is a non-inclusive list of the skills helpful to perform this job effectively:
•Ability to coordinate and perform product application
•An understanding of agronomics related to plant health and soil management
•An understanding and commitment to environmental management
•Mathematic, budgetary, and computer skills
•Ability to perform golf course maintenance operational tasks
•An understanding of golf course equipment operation and repair
$45,000-$50,000 annual compensation
Benefits: Vacation, association dues, continuing education allowance, meal discount, golf and driving range privileges and discounts in the golf shop.
Starting Date: immediately Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $45,000.00 – $50,000.00 per year
Experience: •Landscape Maintenance: 1 years (Required)
Company’s website: •www.healdsburggolfclub.com
Work Remotely: •No
COVID-19 Precaution(s): •Remote interview process •Personal protective equipment provided or required •Temperature screenings •Social distancing guidelines in place •Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place
Assistant Superintendent Diablo Country Club Posted June 1, 2021
Diablo Country Club is a historic property in the shadow of Mount Diablo with our golf course designed in 1914 by Jack Neville and expanded by William Watson in 1920. Diablo CC recently completed a $12 million restoration project with Todd Eckenrode/Origins Golf Design. During the renovation, all surfaces were addressed with greens surfaces rebuilt to a Variable Depth USGA specifications and seeded with Pure Distinction bentgrass. Short-Cut Green surrounds are grassed with 4 acres of Pure Select bentgrass. All other playing surfaces were converted to hybrid bermudagrasses while non-golf areas were transitioned to native fescues. The renovation also included the installation of a state-of-the-art Rainbird IC irrigation system.
Diablo is committed to continued investment in the property and it’s team with additional capital upgrades scheduled including the implementation of a Landscape Master Plan and construction of a Satellite Water Facility as well as a new golf course equipment fleet. The AGCS will have the opportunity to gain experience in project management and the management of a progressive/data driven agronomy operation. You will also gain experience maintaining nearly 6 acres of bentgrass surfaces in the Bay Area combined with bermudagrass fairways, tees, and roughs. We are seeking an Assistant
Superintendent candidate that has the ambition and collaborative mentality to work with the Agronomy team in advancing the desired conditions and aesthetics of the property. This position will have a significant role in overseeing the daily maintenance and operations of the golf course/grounds maintenance department as well as contributing to the decision making processes. A hands-on mentality and ability to work along side the team is important. The AGCS is a integral role within our operation and your input and knowledge is critical to our success. The club is offering a competitive salary and signing bonus to help in covering expenses associated with the transition.
-Daily monitoring of course conditions and the ability to offer recommendations to the Superintendent and the team
-Scouting of pest and disease pressures in conjunction with our IPM program
– Ability to operate golf-course specific equipment and train others to do so
– Daily monitoring of moisture levels on all playing surfaces through moisture meters and core samples
-Staff supervision, scheduling, and providing direction/training on daily tasks and projects
-Application of fertilizers/plant protectants and the ability to train others
-Setting the course ahead of daily play and monitoring workflow
-Identifying irrigation issues and corrective actions
-Record all relevant data (such as green speeds, clipping yield, moisture content), irrigation usage, and fertilizer/plant protectant applications through our record keeping programs
-Aids in the implementation of the GCM department training protocols and standards ensuring the safe and detailed use of all on course equipment
ExperienceMinimum of 2-3 seasons worth of experience required, and we will certainly consider recent graduates with a strong work history and internship experience.
EducationA 2-4 year degree or certification is preferred, but the club is willing to provide for educational expenses to complete a Turf Certificate or A.S. program, for qualified candidates.
AdditionalThe ideal candidate for the Assistant Superintendent position will have experience in staff management, irrigation troubleshooting, spray/fertility applications and IPM scouting, along with a keen eye for detail. We value attitude above experience and are willing to train and develop the right candidate.
Additional Salary Information: A competitive signing bonus to aid with moving/transition expenses. Paid Time off, normal schedule of 2 days off per week throughout the season, matching 401K, medical/dental/vision insurance, National and Local Association Dues, educational expenses and tournament volunteer experience.
Cypress Ridge Golf Course, Arroyo Grande, CA 93420 Posted April 28, 2021
Cypress Ridge Golf Course is searching for an Assistant Superintendent to join our team and assist us in providing our members and guest with high quality Golf Course conditions on a daily basis. The right candidate should be energetic, team oriented and have experience working in the Golf Maintenance or Landscape Industry.
Cypress Ridges offers good benefits, and pay is negotiable based on experience.
Please send Resumes to:
Paul Meridith, GCS
Richmond Country Club Posted April 21, 2021
Established in 1924, Richmond Country Club has a rich history that includes PGA and LPGA tournament stops. We are seeking an Assistant Superintendent to support the Golf Course Superintendent (GCS) in the daily operations of the golf course and grounds maintenance. The successful applicant possesses the desire to provide outstanding playing conditions. They will schedule daily maintenance crew activities under the direction of the GCS and assist in the training and supervision of the maintenance crew. The Assistant Superintendent works hand in hand with the GCS and Equipment Manager and communicates openly with staff members from other departments.
- Completion or in the process of obtaining a two or four year degree in turf, agronomy, soil science or horticulture.
- Experience in supervising/managing golf course or landscape maintenance crews on a daily basis.
- The ability and desire to lead by example and delegate when required.
- Can perform all duties with or without supervision.
- Familiar with and has experience with essential golf course maintenance or landscaping functions.
- A strong work ethic and can-do attitude.
- Attention to detail and a desire to complete tasks.
- The ability to adapt and change according to daily and seasonal needs.
- Applicants possess or must have the ability to obtain a California Qualified Applicator Certificate within 6 months of start date.
- Oversees, participate and carries out fertilizer and pesticide applications.
- Understands and utilizes basic computer skills in MS Word and Excel.
- Knowledge of agronomy and turf grass management practices.
- Must possess a valid drivers license.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills. Ability to speak Spanish is a plus but not required.
- Time management, organizational skills, record keeping skills, problem solving and the ability to prioritize are essential to this position.
- This position has physical requirements that include but are not limited to the ability to lift 50 lbs, extended periods of standing, sitting, kneeling, lifting, stooping, bending and squatting.
- Exposure to a wide variety of weather conditions and working outside.
- Employee is exposed to equipment noise, fumes, chemicals and moving mechanical parts.
- Must perform mathematical calculations related to the application of chemicals and fertilizers.
- Understanding of wells, pumps and irrigation systems.
- Willingness to work weekends, holidays and extended hours based on operational needs.
- Incorporates safe work practices in their work performance as well as staff. Oversees safety training.
- Tours the course and grounds regularly to monitor turf conditions, crew functions and work progress.
- Assesses daily irrigation requirements and implements nightly irrigation schedules.
- Assists and the purchase of necessary operating supplies and materials within the constraints of the operational budget.
- Paid vacation and sick time.
- Health, dental and vision benefits.
- 401k retirement plan.
- Continuing education expenses paid.
- Paid GCSAA memberships for national and local chapter.
- Paid expenses related to attending National and regional GCSAA meetings.
- Meals provided.
- Clothing allowance.
Date Job is Available Immediately
Salary $65,000 – $75,000
Job Application Instructions Mail or email resume and cover letter only. No phone inquiries. Attn. Michael Souza, Golf Course Superintendent, Richmond Country Club 1 Markovich Lane Richmond CA 94806 Email:firstname.lastname@example.org
Assistant-In-Training Pebble Beach Golf Links
Position Available: 4/1/2021 Pebble Beach Golf Links is looking for a passionate turf professional to fill the role of Assistant-In-Training. Ideal candidate will have some previous golf course experience, or internships. This individual must possess a willingness to work, with an interest and belief in learning the industry from a hands on perspective. The AIT position will be involved in all aspects of golf course maintenance. This is not a management position. However, proven ability and a strong work ethic will be rewarded with increasing levels of involvement. This includes responsibilities such as leading crews, irrigation install and troubleshooting, chemical application/calibration, and review of course budgeting. Ideally, candidates should be willing to commit for a year or more in order to learn course operations through all seasons and experience both PGA Tour events. This position has served as an excellent stepping stone for those seeking to be an assistant superintendent in the near future.
Full time position. 40 hrs. per week with some overtime
Benefits: Medical and Dental insurance, Available Housing, 401k, Vacation and Sick pay, Uniforms, Meals, Golf
Please email resume, and references to: Eric McAlister, Assistant Superintendent email@example.com
Cache Creek Casino Resort Posted Feb 5, 2021
Job Title: Assistant Golf Course Superintendent
Department: Golf Supervisor: Superintendent
FLSA Status: Exempt
- Summary: Oversees the maintenance and construction of the golf course (or courses) and ensures that turf grass is repaired and maintained to established standards. Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Works with the Superintendent to ensure that the annual golf course maintenance budget and capital plans are maintained and followed.
- Supervises and assists maintenance staff in daily duties.
- Assists in the planning, organizing and direction of the maintenance and construction of
- putting greens, tees, fairways, roughs, and bunkers.
- Supervises the planting and cultural practices involved in growing various turf grasses, trees and ornamental plants.
- Ensures that construction equipment is properly maintained.
- Assists in the procurement of supplies and materials and ensures costs remain within budgetary limitations.
- Keeps records of annual maintenance activities and costs and assists with the preparation of required prepares reports.
- Follows sound purchasing procedures utilizing preferred vendors, when possible.
- Reconciles and provides timely coding of all invoices, payroll and other required documents.
- Coordinates snow removal (depending upon facility location).
- Ensures all company policies and procedures are followed including compliance with government regulations.
- Ensures associates obtain proper license needed to perform job tasks safely and within city, state, and federal regulations.
- Addresses directly all real or perceived environmental concerns.
- Manages department members that may include, but is not limited to: Mechanic,
- Environmental Tech, Spray Tech, Greenskeepers 1,2,3 and Irrigation Technician.
- Assures that effective orientation and training are given to each new associate.
- Develops ongoing training programs.
- Monitors business volume forecast and plans accordingly in areas of manpower, productivity, costs and other expenses.
- Responsible for implementing and maintaining excellent service to achieve guest satisfaction.
- Communicates any changes or new policies and procedures to the department.
- Conducts staff meetings with subordinates.
- Maintains flexibility to take on new and different tasks as directed by the Department Manager.
- Incorporates safe work practices in job performance.
- Attends staff meetings.
- Supervisory Responsibilities
- Directly supervises the employees in the Golf Department. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws.
- Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems. Qualifications
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily with or without reasonable accommodations. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Experience and/or Education
- Bachelors degree, Associate’s degree (AA) or equivalent from four or two-year college or technical school; three to four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience (Degree preference in agronomy/ horticulture/ plant/soil science). Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications.
- Age Requirements: Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Language Skills: Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Mathematical Skills: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations. Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- Cache Creek Casino Resort Tribal Gaming License. Valid driver’s license. Must acquire a California Pesticide Application License with 90 days of employment. Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job with or without reasonable accommodations. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and taste or smell. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job with or without reasonable accommodations. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to outside weather conditions. The employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts and fumes or airborne particles. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
If any questions please contact Amy McGary Amcgary@cachecreek.com or (530) 979-6487
Below is the direct link to apply for the position: