Assistant Superintendent Position Available
Alta Sierra Country Club
Alta Sierra is looking for an Assistant Superintendent. This is an 18 hole golf facility located near Grass Valley. The highly regarded, semi-private destination of the Sierra Nevada foothills was established in the early 1960s. This Bob Babcock design features a serpentine layout that meanders among strings of Ponderosa Pine and Black Oak woodlands interspersed with numerous stretches of riparian habitat that provide beautifully wild and scenic natural borders.
- Perform golf course maintenance activities utilizing appropriate Best Management Practices
- Assist Golf Course Superintendent in supervision of daily maintenance activities to ensure premium playing surface conditioning techniques
- Operate, adjust, inspect, troubleshoot, repair and modify irrigation system components
- Scout, monitor, and sample pest populations in turf and landscape areas and calibrate and safely apply plant fertility and protecting compounds.
- Golf course maintenance and mechanical experience
- Supervisory experience preferred
- High School Diploma or GE Development Certificate preferred
- Valid Drivers License
- Possess, or demonstrate knowledge and ability to obtain California Qualified Applicators Certificate.
- Capable of developing and accomplishing short- and long-term goals for course enhancements.
Compensation: $50-$60,000 D.O.E. per year
Additional Salary Information: Benefits include Health insurance stipend, GCSAA local and national GCSAA dues, Free use of club amenities, discounts for food and merchandise, continued education courses and Qualified Applicator Certificate expenses,
DATE AVAILABLE – September 15, 2022
Send resumes to
Assistant Superintendent at San Joaquin CC- Fresno, CA.
The 1st Assistant Golf Course Superintendent at San Joaquin Country Club is responsible for the daily operation and staff management for one of the premier 18-Hole Private Clubs in Central California.
The 1st Assistant Superintendent reports to the Golf Course Superintendent and is accountable for detailed course conditioning, staff development, diligent water management practices, equipment operations, as well as all chemical & fertilizer applications and fertility programs. Other responsibilities include but are not limited to: leadership within the golf maintenance operation, daily staff scheduling, staff training that emphasizes intricate attention to details in regards to golf course management and the clubhouse grounds, daily course set up, irrigation repair and maintenance as well as maintaining compliance of all regulatory issues.
About San Joaquin Country Club
Located in the heart of Central California, San Joaquin Country Club is a private club with a tradition of character & excellence and offers 18 dramatic holes of golf unlike any in the region. Located adjacent to the San Joaquin River. Golf course was recently renovated with new greens and bunkers.
The club sits at the gateway to the Yosemite National Park and offers unmatched hiking, fishing and skiing in the region.
The 1st Assistant Golf Course Superintendent is responsible for overseeing and providing direction in all aspects of the golf course and grounds facilities administration including course maintenance and human resource management. These responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Maintain positive relationships between the golf course management department, members, guests, employees and community
- Preserve a direct line of communication with Golf Course Superintendent to implement a maintenance schedule that compliments and enhances the membership experience
- Assist and monitor the golf course budget with the Golf Course Superintendent
- Exhibit a strong eye for attention to details
- Execute water management programs that ensure firm playing conditions
- Familiarity with Toro Irrigation central and satellite operations
- Astute knowledge of Warm season grasses – Bermudagrass on tees, fairways and roughs
- Experience with Bentgrass management on greens in warm summer climate
- Oversee golf course equipment and support with preventative maintenance programs and repairs
- Assist in the development of the facility’s golf course maintenance long and short term objectives, goals, policies and programs
- Perceptive upkeep and repair to entire clubhouse and entrance grounds
- Establish and maintain on-going employee training programs
- Maintain effective cost controls for labor and other expenses
- Contribute to proactive soil and water chemistry management programs
- Ensure proper calibration of equipment and applications of chemicals and fertilizers
- Possess or be able to obtain a valid California Pesticide – Qualified Applicator’s License (QAL) or Qualified Applicator’s Certificate (QAC) within 6 months of employment
Salary and Compensation Package
Salary range: $65,000 to $75,000
Salary range is commensurate with qualifications and experience.
This package also includes generous benefits which includes:
- Medical and dental
- Golf privileges
- Food allowance
- Cell phone allowance
- Clothing allowance
- Company truck available for local business use
- GCSAA and Central California GCSA Membership
- Conference and Continuing Education fully covered.
Dario Olivares – Golf Course Superintendent
Please send resumes to: AsstSuperSearchSJCC2022@gmail.com
Position is available immediately
Lahontan Golf Club, Truckee Ca
$26-28/HR + Bonus Potential
Lahontan Golf Club is located in the spectacular Martis Valley. Tom Weiskopf designed a course that combines great attention to detail and beautiful natural surroundings, making Lahontan among the finest golf courses in America. Golf amenities include Lake Tahoe’s premier private 18 hole championship course, the 9-hole par 3 course and practice facility with 4 practice greens. Other club amenities include the Spa & Fitness Center, Camp Lahontan, and The Lodge.
The Assistant will be involved in all aspects of daily maintenance and golf course set-up, weekly cultural practices, fertilizer application and calibration, irrigation problem solving and repair. Individuals should be self motivated, goal oriented, and be prepared to develop into a leader. This is a great opportunity for an individual who enjoys living and working in a beautiful mountain town with myriads of outdoor activities. The position is FULL TIME YEAR-ROUND with BENEFITS. 40hrs/week +OT.
Education Requirements: Degree or Certificate in Turfgrass/related field or currently enrolled in school.
Experience Requirements: Prior golf course maintenance experience is preferred
but not required.
Job Benefits: Health(Premium paid for by club), Dental, Vision, 401K, Year-end Bonus, Recreation Bonus, Uniforms, Meals, Golfing Privileges, Continuing Education
Email resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org