Saddle Creek Resort Golf Club Assistant Superintendent
June 5, 2018
- Copperopolis, California, 95228, United States
- June 5, 2018
- Assistant Superintendent
- Saddle Creek Resort Golf Club
- Assistant Superintendent
- 1-2 Years
- $45,000.00 – $55,000.00 (Yearly Salary)
Requirements Specific Responsibilities
- Maintain all golf course grounds, driving range / practice center and related infrastructure per maintenance standards on a consistent basis.
- Help prepare and manage departmental budget. Assist the Superintendent with expense tracking system provided for monthly reconciliation through monthly closing calls.
- Assist the Superintendent with purchasing and invoicing of products / services within maintenance budget.
- Assist the Superintendent with the following…..
- Hire quality individuals for full staff at all times. Train employees regularly throughout the year (not a one-time event). Track training progress for each individual employee. Evaluate (written evaluation) each employee a minimum of 1 time / year. An annual written evaluation will be required for each employee that will summarize an employee’s performance that may or may not include a recommended increase in pay or change in position.
- Help implement daily scheduling board (white board or electronic board) that includes the tasks or multi-tasking of the employees work day.
- Record activities of maintenance labor (weekly schedules).
- Inclement weather policy should be adhered to during poor weather periods.
- Learn and assist with record keeping of all golf course maintenance activities (including, but not limited to pesticide applications and equipment maintenance records).
- Utilize the companies HR support person for all personnel related issues that can’t be solved at the course/regional level.
- Assist the Superintendent with personnel recordkeeping of all employee related activities (including performance evaluations, disciplinary forms, PTO time and other pertinent records to support employee history)
- Utilize agronomic plan as a base roadmap for agronomic success. Includes sound pesticide, fertilizer and cultural applications.
- Maintain drainage, irrigation and watering systems for proper functionality.
- Implement and enforce comprehensive safety program for employees, members and guests in compliance with local, state and federal laws.
- Help manage and maintain equipment fleet to highest level of equipment standards per GMS guidelines.
- Maintain turf facility, storage building and superintendent’s offices in a neat, clean and presentable condition.
- Communicate with pro-shop as directed by Superintendent.
- Meet with club manager / head golf professional when requested.
- Must posses valid driver’s license
- Must obtain Qualified Applicators Certificate within 6 month of hire date
- Must have 1-3 years experience working on a golf course maintenance crew as assistant superintendent preferred
- Must have a strong attention to detail to enhance the quality of the golf course and to hold the team to the same standards
Please email to: email@example.com
Assistant Superintendent – Incline Village Championship Course
February 17, 2018
Located on the northeast shore of beautiful Lake Tahoe, the Golf Courses at Incline Village are a 36 hole operation consisting of the Championship and Mountain courses. The Championship Course is a 1964 classic mountain design by Robert Trent Jones Sr., with a full renovation taking place in 2003 under the direction of Kyle Phillips. Rising up to 6,700 feet, the course offers incredible views of Lake Tahoe and the surrounding mountains. The Incline Village General Improvement District operates the courses, along with the Diamond Peak Ski Resort and numerous other recreation facilities and beaches, all of which are available to full-time employees free of charge.
The Assistant Superintendent, reporting directly to the Grounds Superintendent, coordinates and directs the activities of approximately 18 staff members concerned with golf course and clubhouse grounds maintenance for the Championship Golf Course. There is a well established and experienced seasonal staff returning each year, as well as a full-time Foreman and Equipment Managers, ready to welcome a new team member with fresh ideas, a positive attitude, and a great work ethic.
Educational Requirements: Associates degree in Turfgrass management or related field
Experience Requirements: Three years related experience working on a golf course, including one year of supervisory experience
Special Requirements: Good organizational, scheduling, training, customer service and communication skills; knowledge and understanding of the game of golf; ability to operate all golf course maintenance equipment; and computer skills for word processing, irrigation and other golf related software applications. Ability to work a schedule that includes weekends and holidays during the operating season. Basic Spanish language skills preferred. Familiarity with Rainbird Nimbus central control systems is a plus. State of Nevada Restricted Pesticide Use Certification or obtain within six months of hire.
Date Available: 3/26/18
Application Instructions: Submit the required IVGID application by Friday, March 2, 2018 using this link: https://www.yourtahoeplace.com/jobs
Please attach cover letter and resume with online application. If you have trouble attaching your cover letter and resume you may also send those via email to:
Jeff Clouthier, CGCS, Grounds Superintendent (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Salary Range: $54,177 – $65,012 per year depending on experience
Benefits: Medical, dental, vision, short term and long term disability, company paid pension plan, 457 Deferred Compensation plan, Section 125 Flex plan, vacation and sick leave, holiday pay, chapter and national dues paid, food discounts and recreation privileges at District facilities.