Golf Course Superintendent – Napa Golf Course Posted August 3, 2022
If you are an engaging leader with solid technical acumen and the ability to drive “green initiatives” for our property, we have the opportunity for you!
The Role: Maintain the appearance and safety of the course by diagnosing and treating agronomic issues; supervising irrigation scheduling and repairs; maintaining a wide variety of turf grasses in extreme climatic conditions; managing course preparations for tournament and daily play; integrating environmental programs specializing in IPM (Integrated Pest Management); overseeing maintenance of the golf cart fleet; coordinating, scheduling, and supervising capital improvement projects. Maintenance budget (+/-$700k)
Manage maintenance operations involved in providing maintenance of greens, fairways, tees, sand traps, bodies of water, roughs, maintenance shop, golf carts, clubhouse, entryways, Audubon Re-Certification and community outreach programs; responsibility for the selection, training, assignment and assessment and development of maintenance staff, providing corrective action as needed; team building, holding safety meetings to ensure the highest level of safety for all maintenance staff. Effectively lead staff to ensure a quality product. Ensure daily course set up meets company and USGA playing standards. Continually follow up to ensure tasks are being completed timely and to the appropriate standards and that equipment is set up and operating properly.
The superintendent embodies the company core value of Environmental Stewardship through conservation, regeneration, restoration, and sustainable practices.
Who we’re looking for: CourseCo, Inc is seeking qualified superintendents who are Class A GCSAA members for the Napa Golf Course at Kennedy Park Golf located in Napa, CA. The course is a year-round 18-hole, with +/-35,000 annual rounds.
This position is ideal for a Superintendent looking to grow in their career within a major golf course management company. We offer internal and external training and development opportunities. Will consider new or first time Superintendents.
Experience: Poa annua/bentgrass greens (push up). Written and verbal skills are important. Must have strong relationship building skills, strong hiring, selection and indoctrination skills. Excellent people skills: you will interface with the City, Golf Committees, and the community. Your passion for the environmental management will assist you in Audubon Re-Certification.
Benefits: Annual Salary between $80K-$90K Health Insurance, annual vacation, bonus, golfing privileges, GCSAAA membership. Expenses for regional and national seminars, local chapter conferences and meetings, and the Golf Industry Show. Dues for local chapter membership.
The Superintendent will report directly to the golf course general manager and will work in partnership with the GM to assure the successful operation of the golf course.
Napa Golf Course is a CourseCo, Inc managed facility. We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by law.
Successful applicant will be required to complete a pre-employment screening process and have a valid documentation proving eligibility to work in the United States that will be processed using the E-Verify system.
Apply please submit resumes to: Sean Silva, Senior Operations Manager – email@example.com
OAKHURST COUNTRY CLUB Posted August 3, 2022
If you are an engaging leader with solid technical acumen and looking to be a part of an exciting turn around project at a leading East Bay Private Club, we have the opportunity for you!
Responsibilities: The golf course superintendent manages labor, time, materials, and finances in a manner that is compatible with the environment, meets financial goals and serves our customer and client.
As superintendent at Oakhurst Country Club, you will communicate with employees, owners, members, vendors, suppliers, golf professionals and others in the golf industry.
Oakhurst was sold to a new ownership group last December and is currently in the midst of a complete turn around project. Recently the complete driving range renovation was completed as well as a new irrigation system installed. As Superintendent you will play an integral role in the construction oversite and implementation of new construction projects on the golf course.
CourseCo, Inc is seeking an experienced Golf Course Superintendent for the Oakhurst Country Club. Oakhurst is a year-round, 18-hole championship private golf club.
A minimum of 5 years of experience as Golf Course Superintendent required. Ideal candidate will possess excellent agronomic, people and water management skills.
Duties/Experience: Maintain the appearance and safety of the course by diagnosing and treating agronomic issues; supervising irrigation scheduling and repairs; maintaining a wide variety of turf grasses in extreme climatic conditions; managing course preparations for tournament and daily play; integrating environmental programs specializing in IPM (Integrated Pest Management); overseeing maintenance of the golf cart fleet; coordinating, scheduling, and supervising capital improvement projects
Manage maintenance operations involved in providing maintenance of greens, fairways, tees, sand traps, bodies of water, roughs, maintenance shop, golf carts, clubhouse, entryways, Audubon Re-Certification and community outreach programs; responsibility for the selection, training, assignment and assessment of maintenance staff, providing corrective action as needed; holding safety meetings to ensure the highest level of safety for all maintenance staff. Effectively lead staff to ensure a quality product. Ensure daily course set up meets company and USGA playing standards. Continually follow up to ensure tasks are being completed timely and to the appropriate standards and that equipment is set up and operating properly.
Provide effective administration by developing and executing annual maintenance plan and budget for the course; tracking maintenance expenses including payroll, supplies, fertilizer, chemicals, etc.; maintaining maintenance records and developing required maintenance reports; ordering parts, supplies and equipment as needed. Ensure financial targets are being met and appropriate accounting procedures are being followed consistently. If financial targets are not being met, provide an analysis of the problem, and determine a specific plan of action.
Compensation/Benefits: $110,000 – $130,000 annual salary (DOE/DOQ), shared health insurance, annual vacation, cell phone reimbursement, golfing privileges, GCSAA membership. Expenses for regional and national seminars, local chapter conferences and meetings. Dues for local chapter membership.
The Superintendent will report directly to the golf course General Manager.
Oakhurst Country Club is a CourseCo, Inc managed facility. We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by law.
Successful applicant will be required to pass a pre-employment background check, drug screen, and have a valid documentation proving eligibility to work that will be validated online.
To Apply: Please email resume to Lance Iwanaka, Senior Operations Manager – firstname.lastname@example.org
LONE TREE GOLF & EVENT CENTER
Salary: $80,000 to $90,000 Based On Experience
Type: Full Time – Experienced
Category: Golf Course Superintendent
Certifications Class A
|LONE TREE GOLF & EVENT CENTER HISTORY AND PHILOSOPHY LTGC is a municipal golf course owned by the City of Antioch since 1934 but managed and operated by the Antioch Public Golf Corporation. It has a long history as one of the best conditioned municipal golf courses in all of the Bay Area. Recently Lone Tree has undergone a renovation to Champion Bermuda greens to help combat the summer heat. Our Mission To be the best public golf course, restaurant, and event center in the Bay Area; with attention to detail and sense of urgency! [AW1] JOB SUMMARY Golf Course Superintendent The Golf Course Superintendent is responsible for the successful delivery of a quality Golf Course and Clubhouse turf and grounds product through effective management of the Maintenance Department. The Superintendent works closely with the Golf Corporation/General Manager/Maintenance Contractor on capital improvement expansion projects. Maximizing the number of rounds of golf played by scheduling maintenance practices around play and maximizing efficiency is essential. Medical, Dental, Vision, a Simple IRA Competitive Pay Additional career and earnings growth. DAY-TO-DAY Train and Implement Procedures and Policies for Golf Course Maintenance Staff Schedule, assign, and evaluate performance of daily tasks Outline and implement annual turf fertility plan Effective water management of Greens, Tees, and Fairways Daily setup of course for customer playability Manage daily employee projects Daily evaluation of turf for wear, disease, moisture, cut quality, growth rate, etc. Ensure all company policies, standards of operations, manuals, standards of conduct, safety rules, and policies against harassment are strictly followed by all staff/guests (including prompt intervention, investigation, and documentation). Provide appropriate feedback to staff, and recommendations to the General Management regarding compensation, advancement, and training needs. Conduct performance evaluations of Golf Course Maintenance staff and crew in a timely basis. Determine appropriate personnel action (counseling, written warnings, suspension or termination) in the event of performance, attendance problems or violations of company policies. Coordinate with Human Resources, Legal, and General Management as necessary. Effectively communicate with staff and Management. Ability to work well under pressure, coordinate multiple tasks, and attention to details. Implement safety standards and practices for department Conduct oneself in a professional manner and always maintain a professional image.|
|Level of Experience: • Class A Superintendent • At least 3 – 5 years in Golf Course Maintenance management • Min 2-year College Agronomy Degree preferred • Current Pesticide Applicators License required • Advanced knowledge of regulatory requirements and record keeping as required by local, state, and federal laws • Diplomatic team player able to foster relationships with Employee Partners and guests • Bilingual (English – Spanish) communication ability preferred|
Send Resume To: Ron Parrish, GM Lone Tree Golf email@example.com
The Golf Course Superintendent at Visalia Country Club is responsible for the daily operation and management for one of the premier 18- Hole Private Clubs in the Central Valley of California.
Visalia CC is located at the gateway to the Sequoia National Park and is in close proximity to mountains, hiking, fishing and skiing.
About Visalia Country Club: Located in the heart of Central California, in the quaint town of Visalia, lies Visalia Country Club, a private club with a tradition of character and excellence. The club sits at the gateway to the Sequoia National Park and offers 18 dramatic holes of golf unlike any in the region.
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Agronomy, Horticulture or Plant Science.
- An Associate’s degree from an intensive two-year turf grass management program.
- 3-5 years’ progressive experience as a Golf Course Superintendent.
- Prior work as an assistant to an experienced Golf Course Superintendent will be considered.
- Previous supervisory experience in a private club setting.
- Experience with Toro Lynx Irrigation central operation and sprinkler heads.
- Intricate knowledge of warm season grasses in particular Bermudagrass on tees, fairways and roughs in hot, dry summer climate.
- Experience with Bentgrass/Poa annua management on greens in warm summer climate as well as cool, moist winter conditions.
- Overseeding experience is a plus.
- Broad understanding of managing warm and cool season grasses in difficult winter periods with heavy frost and potential fog.
Job Knowledge, Core Competencies and Expectations
- Understanding the rules of golf.
- Administrative and executive ability, especially critical in problem-solving and decision-making.
- Knowledge of ability to perform required role in emergency situations.
Licenses and Special Requirements
- Class A or B – GCSAA
- California Pesticide Application License or Certification.
- Valid driver’s license.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
- Regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts.
- Frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles and toxic or caustic chemicals.
- Occasionally exposed to wet conditions; extreme heat: severe cold. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud.
- Able to meet and perform the physical requirements and to work effectively in an environment which is typical of this position.
- Maintains all grounds and course maintenance equipment according to the club’s turf management program.
- Schedules, trains, supervises and evaluates all personnel assigned to department.
- Maintains accurate work records for all personnel in the department.
- Supervises all planting, fertilizing, care and removal of turf, plants, shrubs, trees and other facilities on the golf course.
- Maintains course in proper playing condition.
- Inspects course regularly to evaluate and recommend improvements.
- Manages all construction, maintenance and renovations on the golf course.
- Administers a Toro Lynx irrigation system with VP satellites.
- Oversees repairs of broken water lines or valves and may perform necessary repairs in an emergency.
- Records all maintenance on course.
- Supervises operation of the Equipment Repair Shop and a fleet of Toro maintenance equipment.
- Prepares annual budget for department; takes corrective action as necessary to help assure that budget goals are met.
- Establishes short- and long-range plans for the golf course.
- Selects and prepares proper fertilizers and nutrients for proper fertility programs.
- Develops and maintains drainage, irrigation and watering systems.
- Implements and enforces comprehensive safety program for employees, members, and guests on course in compliance with local, state and federal laws; implements and manages the club’s hazard communication (HAZCOM) program.
- Ensures that chemicals, petroleum and other controlled products are used, stored and disposed of in accordance with local, state and federal regulations and maintains required records.
- Communicates as necessary with Director of Golf to discuss conditions of course, maintenance plans, scheduled events.
- Communicates as necessary with Greens, Golf or House committees or other applicable committees.
- Attends staff and management meetings.
- Keeps members informed about current and future maintenance activities.
- Plans professional development and training activities for subordinates including safety training for equipment use and proper handling of fertilizers, herbicides, and all other chemicals used on course; assures that MSDSs are available in convenient location.
- Makes recommendations for capital improvement and purchases.
- Ensures proper landscaping for property outside of golf course including the clubhouse and surrounding areas.
- Coordinates applicable work with outside contractors.
- Determines when course should be closed due to weather conditions that may damage the course if play continues.
- Conducts other appropriate tasks assigned by the Director of Golf.
Salary and Compensation Package
Salary range: $85,000 to $115,000 Salary range is commensurate with qualifications and experience. This package also includes performance bonus and generous benefits which includes:
- Medical and dental for superintendent
- Golf privileges
- Food allowance
- Cell phone allowance
- Clothing allowance
- Company truck available for local business use
- GCSAA and Central California GCSA Membership
- Conference and Continuing Education fully covered.
The position is available immediately.
Resumes are to be sent to:
Scott Stubbs Director of Golf and General Manager