August 7, 2019
Superintendent Opening Reserve at Spanos Park
6301 West Eight Mile Road
Stockton, CA 95219
Start Date: August/September 2019 timeframe
Salary: $80k-$90k Commensurate with experience
Closing Date: Until filled
Tim Walsh, General Manager
Please include resume & cover letter detailing your interest in
The Reserve at Spanos Park is an 18 hole semi private facility located eight miles north of Stockton, CA. It has served at the hole of numerous NCAA and mini-tour events in its nearly 20-year history. The tees, fairways and primary rough are rye grass and the greens at A4 bentgrass. The golf course is a popular destination for charity fundraising events and corporate outings throughout the year. In addition, there is a robust group of semi-private members at the Reserve. A high premium is placed on producing excellent course condition on a day to day basis.
Oversee all activities related to the ongoing maintenance of the golf course, grounds and equipment. As the greens are primarily bentgrass and experience managing this turf variety and producing excellent playing conditions is a key requirement. The position requires significant interaction with the ownership and management staff and as such, highly developed communication skills (oral and written) are required. The Superintendent will lead the staff recruiting, hiring and training effort in the maintenance department.
All activities associated with producing excellent playing conditions at the on a day to day basis.
Hire, train and supervise the maintenance staff. Plan and implement staffing schedules so to ensure quality standards are achieved.
Plan the development and implementation of a fertilizer, aeration and pest management program for proper turf grass and plant care.
Develop the annual maintenance budget and operating plan with input from ownership and Touchstone Golf staff. Implement the plan according to Company operating policies and procedures to ensure goals are achieved.
Participate with the development of course improvement projects and lead the
implementation of the projects.
Supervise equipment maintenance and repair operations. Establish and implement a
cleaning and preventive maintenance program for appropriate equipment, tools, vehicles, etc.
Ensure maintenance of all appropriate quality and cleanliness standards including, but not limited to, employee hygiene and uniforms, equipment repair areas, equipment storage areas, chemical and fertilizer storage areas, receiving areas, wash areas, lunch room areas, etc.
Manage the ordering and receiving program to maintain proper inventories of supplies to ensure proper quality and price on all purchases.
Ensure compliance with all applicable state and federal laws, OSHA rules and regulations, relating to chemical and fertilizer storage and disposal, employee safety, public safety, etc.
Manage employment activities for applicable staff members, including but not limited to, personnel recruitment and selection, performance evaluations, training and compensation, discipline and termination, etc.
Maintain accurate records pertaining to department activities including, but not limited to, labor schedules, water usage, course maintenance, construction activities, equipment repair, safety meetings and activities, fertilizer and chemical applications and pest control practices. Assure the efficient and timely submission of all required operational, financial, budgetary and related reports.
Maintain knowledge of current and projected industry developments through continuous attention to industry periodicals and participation in relevant associations and organizations.
2 or 4-year turf management degree preferred.
Class A Superintendent or above with 3 years’ golf course maintenance, supervisory and or management experience or Assistant Superintendent with 5 years’ experience in a supervisory/leadership role.
Experience producing excellent playing conditions with efficient irrigation water use.
Ability to analyze and solve problems, efficiently handle multiple duties under pressure with minimal supervision, and work flexible hours as required including nights and weekends as necessary.
Demonstrates experience and capability in the areas of budget development, fiscal
management, strategic planning, and staff management.
Demonstrates excellent leadership abilities and interpersonal communication skills.
Positive attitude, professional manner and appearance in all situations.
Dedication and commitment to excellent member service.
Proficient in Microsoft Windows, Word, and Excel.
Touchstone Golf is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Contact information Jonathan MoultonBrightView Golf MaintenanceBlack Oak Golf Course2455 Black Oak Rd, Auburn CA 95602jonathan.moulton@BrightView.com Phone (207) 949-8514
Golf Course Superintendent BrightView Golf Maintenance Black Oak Golf Course
Posted July 17, 2019
- Plan, organize, and direct maintenance of all areas within the scope and according to the technical specifications of the contract.
- Partner with the customer to understand or develop a long term property improvement plan.
- Supervise the operation, maintenance and repair of all equipment assigned to the course.
- Prepare and operate within annual budget estimates.
- Prepare and follow an annual agronomic plan that operates within the technical specifications of the contract and
the annual budget.
- Procure and manage supplies and materials to support maintenance activities.
- Create and distribute report of maintenance activities as required.
- Manage golf course employees including interview, hire, training, discipline and separation.
- Protect the company’s interest by an awareness of and compliance with all applicable regulations including course
and company policies.
- Fulfill administrative duties timely. Administer all aspects of the BrightView Safety Program and the BrightView
BV360 Management Program.
- Represent BrightView Golf Maintenance in a positive and professional manner including attitude, appearance and
- Maintain effective employee and public relations.
- Meet or exceed external and internal customer expectations.
Job BenefitsWe offer medical and dental benefits and a 401(k) plan. Black Oak Golf Course is a 9 hole golf course located in the foothills of Auburn, heart of the California Gold Country. The course is located between Sacramento and Lake Tahoe and flows through beautiful native oak countryside. The fairways, tees and roughs are all a cool season turf blend of rye and fescues, and the greens are a bent/poa mix. The irrigation system is a little outdated but functional for this course, with no shortage of water, straight from the snow melt. The equipment is ok, and we can easily support the course from nearby Roseville cluster and The Resort at Squaw Creek. Take a look at the website also: http://www.golfblackoak.com/Educational Requirements:Prefer some advanced turf training Experience Requirements:Minimum 2 years as an Assistant Superintendent.Date Position Available: ASAP Application Instructions: Email resume to: jonathan.moulton@BrightView.comSalary Range: $60,000 annual Benefits: Health insurance, life insurance, 401k, annual vacation, annual sick leave, uniforms provided, GCSAA dues paid
GOLF COURSE SUPERINTENDENT Posted June 3, 2019
at MORGAN RUN CLUB IN RANCHO SANTA FE, CA
To Apply go to: www.morganrunclub.com
Golf Course Superintendent
The Golf Course Superintendent is responsible for the successful operation of the Golf Course Maintenance Department and Clubhouse Grounds Maintenance.
The Superintendent works closely with the General Manager on capital improvement expansion projects, as well as interaction with the Head Golf Professional to maximize the number of rounds of golf played by scheduling maintenance practices around Member play and outings to maximize efficiency is essential.
Provides agronomic direction to maintain the golf course at the highest quality possible at all times
- Follows company standards for the healthy growth of the golf course grasses, trees, wetlands, and other applicable plant materials
- Programs for turf/grass, material and chemical maintenance, and asset management are critical to the success of this role
- Prepares an annual budget and achieves these financial goals throughout the year, through proper forecasting, expense controls and labor management
- Responsible for hiring, training and developing all staff
- Ensures staff is working within OSHA, club safety, state and federal guidelines for safe working conditions.
- Job Requirements
3 – 5 years in Golf Course Maintenance management
- Min 2-year College Agronomy Degree required
- Pesticide Applicators License required
- Advanced knowledge of regulatory requirements and recordkeeping as required by local, state and federal laws
- Diplomatic team player able to foster relationships with Members, Employee Partners and guests
- Bilingual (English – Spanish) communication ability preferred
Work Locations: 5690 Cancha de Golf, Rancho Santa Fe, CA, 92091
To Apply go to: www.morganrunclub.com