GOLF COURSE SUPERINTENDENT Cypress Ridge Golf Course
Nipo, CA Posted March 10, 2021
Golf Course Superintendent Position. Lead role on the maintenance crew. Previous experience in the Golf Industry/Golf course maintenance is required. We are looking for a strong committed person to lead our facility during this time of positive upswing in the Golf business. Our facility is under new ownership and management for just over a year now. We want someone to join our hardworking positive team in our journey of the continuation of improvements, customer satisfaction, and overall growth. This position is a key role in our make up and we are looking forward to creating the best golf course experience on the central coast!
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Application and spraying of golf turf needs
- General Maintenance
- Light dirt work
- Schedule writing and delegation
- Leadership of the entire maintenance staff (roll and schedules)
- Working closely alongside GM and Owner for future success
- Repairs and maintenance of golf course irrigation system and pumps
- Misc. duties/responsibilities on the Golf Course in its entirety
- Entire Course equipment oversight
This is a full time position with a schedule that will evolve. Must be available to work weekends.Please reach out to Cole Gibson, GM to inquire and schedule interview. Thank you all! Best of Luck! Full Salary position pay commensurate with experience. Shop contact 805.474.7979
GOLF COURSE SUPERINTENDENT Butte Creek Country Club
Chico, CA Posted March 10, 2021
Butte Creek Country Club prides itself on being the premier private club of the North Valley. Established in 1962, Butte Creek has a rich history of excellent golf, fine dining and an exciting social club atmosphere. ButteCreek has been the home course for multiple championship events including US Open Qualifiers, AJGA tournaments, NCAA Division II Championships and many more outstanding tournaments. World renowned course designer Bob Baldock shaped the golf course around two meandering creeks that flow through nine of the eighteen holes on a 7,000-yard well-manicured golf course. Recent club expansions include a brand-new outdoor patio, bocce ball courts, brand new course maintenance equipment, state of the art short game facility and many more upgrades to the clubhouse design. Membership continues to grow both on a social and golf caliber and Members at Butte Creek take great pride in belonging to the only private equity club in the vibrant Chico community.
JOB SUMMARY: The Golf Course Superintendent is someone with strong agronomic, communication and leadership skills alongside a passion for providing exceptional golfing conditions, and exceeding member expectations. The Golf Course Superintendent (GCS) reports directly to the General Manager and liaises with other Department Heads, Greens Committee and Board of Directors at Butte Creek Country Club. The GCS is expected to provide quality leadership and will lead and manage his/her department to ensure superb golf course conditioning on a daily basis. The GCS is responsible for all day-to-day operations of Butte Creek Country Club golf course and grounds. Continual improvement on daily operations as well as long term project management and/or capital golf course
projects is a requirement. The GCS should have a trained eye to look for hardscape and turfgrass development that will further improve club conditioning. In addition, the GCS will provide innovative, relevant leadership and will perpetuate and foster an educational culture of developing and producing future turf professionals. The GCS must have a natural, open style of “sincere engagement” with members and staff along with a love of the game
of golf and a relentless attention to detail.
INITIAL AREAS OF FOCUS
• Focus on the established Turf & Infrastructure plan as established by the Greens Committee and Board of Directors
• Assess environmental/growing conditions of the golf course
• Develop standard operating and course conditioning procedures
• Develop team training and evaluation systems
• Improve organization and housekeeping in the maintenance area
• Proven history of providing exceptional golfing conditions and managing all aspects of the golf course and landscape at the highest level
• Proactive, solutions driven approach to golf course maintenance with a focus on continual improvement
• Familiar with and successful experience managing warm & cool season turfs; including Bermudagrass fairways, tees and surrounds while balancing Poa / Bentgrass greens and cool season grasses in shady areas
• Experience in tree management and shade mitigation to improve the turf growing environment
• Understanding of all fertilizer, nutrients, and pesticide control techniques
• Supervises all planting, care and removal of turf, plants, shrubs, trees and other facilities on the golf course
• Solid irrigation management philosophy and practices
• Strong agronomic skills-stays current with advances in turf technology and equipment
• Subscribes to sustainable maintenance practices (e.g. firm and fast, sound irrigation philosophy)
• High Golf IQ is essential
• The ideal candidate will be a courageous thought partner with the Club and Management leadership
• High energy, highly organized focused leader
• Possesses leadership qualities that have resulted in high employee satisfaction, proven staff retention, low turnover
• Experience developing standard operating procedures and training programs to enhance team performance and onboard new staff
• Experience mentoring team members
• Proven success in developing assistants to promotion
• Proven record of leadership and management skills
• Detailed operational guide for managing staff and prioritizing tasks
• Strong observational skills, detail oriented
• Spanish language skills are beneficial
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, listens to and responds to both club members and team members
• Seeks continuous feedback regarding course conditions and areas in need of attention
• Strong relationship builder with a history of excellent relations with their Golf Professional and General Manager
• A history of excellent working relationships with the Greens Chair and Committee
• Respected in industry and maintains a network of progressive peers at quality clubs and other key industry and university contacts
• Use of electronic mediums for communication viewed favorably
• Strong budget management and detailed forecasting (zero-based) skills
• Proven record of establishing and operating within budget
• Experience developing capital equipment replacement plans
• Experience with project management and budgeting is a plus
• Experience with master planning
• Successful execution of past capital projects viewed favorably
• Physical Demands: Required to be physically dexterous, so that you can work on your feet for long hours (see physical requirements).
• Working Environment: Workers are required to be able to withstand extreme weather conditions.
• Travel Requirements: None, but attendance in GCSAA and other industry conferences is encouraged
• Competitive Salary – $80 – $100k based on experience
• Paid Vacation
• Retirement Plan
• Group Insurance
• Bonus Potential
• Meal Plan
• Communication Reimbursement
• Professional Development
To apply for this position, please send your resume and cover letter in PDF format, addressed to Joshua Coccagna, General Manager, Butte Creek Country Club. Documents can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org You should apply for this position as soon as possible, with a drop dead deadline of March 29th, 2021. The chosen candidate should assume their new roles in the late spring / early summer of 2021
GOLF COURSE SUPERINTENDENT Rancho Santa Fe Golf Club
Rancho Santa Fe, CA Posted March 1, 2021
Rancho Santa Fe Golf Club (“RSFGC”) is seeking a Golf Course Superintendent with great communication skills,strong agronomic and leadership skills, with a passion for great golf course architecture and providing exceptional playing conditions.
RANCHO SANTA FE COMMUNITY: RSFGC, established in 1929 and designed by the renowned Max Behr, is a private club available only to members of the Rancho Santa Fe Association, by virtue of ownership of Covenant property. The Club’s goal is excellence
through uncompromising service to its members in a caring and respectful manner. The staff provides high levels of service and a warm, welcoming atmosphere to the members.
RSFGC is distinguished as one of the finest “walkable” golf course designs in the world, with a traditional, 18-hole,7,073-yard, par-72 layout. The practice facilities include a double-ended driving range; practice putting green; and two-acre short game practice area. The Golf Club is the original site of the Crosby “Clambake”, predecessor to the AT&T Pebble Beach Tournament and host to a number of prominent championship events.
Beginning this April, RSFGC will be renovating its golf course, which has been redesigned by the renowned architect David McLay Kidd and will involve a new irrigation system, re-grassing of the fairways and green surrounds, and renovation of the bunkers and practice areas.
The Golf Course Superintendent (GCS) reports to the Director of Golf and liaises with the General Manager and the Green Committee. The GCS is expected to provide strong leadership and will direct and manage his/her department to ensure superb golf course conditioning on a daily basis. The GCS is responsible for all day-to-day operations of RSFGC golf course and grounds. Continuing education, professional development and staying at the forefront of research and technology are necessary for success. In addition, the GCS will provide innovative, relevant leadership and will perpetuate and foster an educational culture of developing and producing future turf professionals. The GCS must be a great communicator and have a natural style of “sincere engagement” with members and staff along with a love of the game of golf and a relentless attention to detail.
INITIAL AREAS OF FOCUS:
• Assess growing conditions of greens focused on health and putting qualities
• Provide leadership and input on the upcoming renovation project
• Manage irrigation programming to provide consistently excellent conditions • Condition the Bermuda fairways with a goal of providing full, dense fairways through the season
• Evaluate and update standard operating and course conditioning procedures
• Institute a high level of detail work on course and in mulch, native and landscape areas
• Create team training and evaluation systems • Develop maintenance programs to improve bunker maintenance and playability
The ideal candidate will be a Golf Course Superintendent or the First Assistant at a top-tier private club with a minimum of eight years’ experience. February 16, 2021
• Successful experience with managing USGA Poa greens, Bermuda fairways
• Solid irrigation management philosophy and practices
• Strong agronomic skills, stays current with advances in turf technology and equipment • Proven history of providing exceptional golfing conditions and landscape at the highestlevel
• Subscribes to sustainable maintenance practices (e.g. firm and fast, sound irrigation philosophy)
• High energy, focused leader
• Possesses leadership qualities that resulted in high employee satisfaction-proven staf retention • Strong relationship builder with a history of excellent relations with their Director of Golf/
GolfProfessional and General Manager
• Experience developing standard operating procedures and training programs
• Experience mentoring team members
• Proven success in developing assistants to promotion • Excellent communication skills-listens to and responds to both club members and teammembers
• Strong budget management and forecasting skills
• Technologically savvy and comfortable with basic business, web and application software
• Experience developing capital equipment replacement plans • Strong observational skills, detail oriented
• Highly organized
• Experience with masterplans and golf course renovations • Golfer/student of the game with a sound understanding of ideal playing conditions and a passion for
• High Golf IQ is essential • Spanish language skills are a plus
• Understanding of all pest control techniques
EDUCATIONAL AND CERTIFICATION QUALIFICATIONS
A degree in turf management or related field of study, GCSAA Certification and Pesticide Certification are preferred.
180K – 210K. Compensation is commensurate with experience. Additional benefits include: group health benefits, life insurance,participation in 401(k) plan, vacation, and meal plan.
To submit your candidacy, please email your cover letter and resume to Shanon McCarthy at email@example.com
Napa Golf Course Posted Feb 9, 2021
If you are an engaging leader with solid technical acumen and the ability to drive “green initiatives” for our property, we have the opportunity for you!
Responsibilities: The golf course superintendent manages labor, time, materials and finances in a manner that is compatible with the environment, meets financial goals and serves our customer and client. As superintendent at Napa Golf Course, you will communicate with employees, owners, customers, vendors, suppliers, golf professionals and others in the golf industry. The superintendent also educates community groups about golf course and turfgrass management. The superintendent embodies the company core value of Environmental Stewardship through conservation, regeneration, restoration and sustainable practices. CourseCo, Inc is seeking qualified superintendents who are Class A GCSAA members for the Napa Golf Course at Kennedy Park Golf located in Napa, CA. The course is a year round 18-hole, with +/-35,000 annual rounds.
Duties: Golf course maintenance including clubhouse landscapes and entrance road. Maintenance budget (+/-$600k) and purchasing, equipment maintenance, fertilizer/pesticide application, trees, lake maintenance, Audubon Re-Certification and community outreach program.
Experience: Poa annua/bentgrass greens (push up). Written and verbal skills are important. Must have strong relationship building skills, strong hiring, selection and indoctrination skills. Excellent people skills: you will interface with the City, Golf Committees, and the community. Your passion for the environmental management will assist you in Audubon Re-Certification.
Benefits: Annual Salary between $75K-$85K Health Insurance, annual vacation, bonus, golfing privileges, GCSAAA membership. Expenses for regional and national seminars, local chapter conferences and meetings, and the Golf Industry Show. Dues for local chapter membership.
The Superintendent will report directly to the golf course general manager. Napa Golf Course is a CourseCo, Inc managed facility. We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by law.
Successful applicant will be required to complete a pre-employment screening process and have a valid documentation proving eligibility to work in the United States that will be processed using the E-Verify system.
Apply please submit resumes to: Sean Silva, Senior Operations Manager – firstname.lastname@example.org
Stockton Golf and Country Club Posted Feb 1, 2021
Course History: Stockton Golf and Country Club was established in 1914 and is the second oldest Club in California’s greater Central Valley. The course features a park style Par 71, Championship 18-hole layout that was designed in the late 1920’s by Sam Whiting. The course was renovated in 1996 by famed golf course architect John Harbottle III and features manicured tee boxes, Bermuda/Rye fairways, and the best putting surfaces in the valley.
Essential Functions and Qualifications: Manage and maintain golf course property including the golf course, Clubhouse common grounds, and landscaping while employing the proper equipment and man power to do so. Stockton Golf and County Club is looking for an experienced and motivated self-starter who can lead and manage by example while also fostering relationships with the Membership, employee partners, and guests.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
• Maintains course in proper playing conditions at all times.
• Maintains all grounds and course maintenance equipment in accordance to the Club’s
turf management program.
• Schedules, trains, supervises and evaluates team assigned to the department while
maintaining accurate work records and providing thorough employee training.
• Supervises all Golf Course and Clubhouse common area planting, fertilizing, turf care.
Develops long term plans for turf, shrub, and tree removal with attention to the
memberships desired aesthetic.
• Selects, prepares, applies and stores proper fertilizers, nutrients, while storing chemicals
and petroleum in compliance with local, state and federal laws; implements and
manages the clubs hazard communication plan.
• Proactively manages drainage, irrigation scheduling, and watering systems.
• Works closely with General Manager, Golf Professional staff and associated committees
to discuss maintenance, conditions and scheduled events.
• Supervises all equipment operation and maintenance.
• Establishes short- and long- term plans for the golf course.
• Makes recommendations for capital improvements and purchases.
• Coordinates applicable work with outside contractors.
• Attend staff and management meetings.
• Inspects course regularly to evaluate and recommend improvements.
• Determines if and when course should be closed due to weather conditions that may
damage course if play continues.
• Conducts other appropriate tasks as appointed by the General Manager.
• Attention to detail, ownership, and accountability.
• Experience with Bermuda and heavy top dressing.
• Minimum of 2 years as Assistant to Superintendent/Manager of a golf course.
• 2 -to- 4 year degree in turfgrass or associated field is preferred.
• Valid drivers license or ability to obtain license in 90 days.
• Valid California Pesticide Applicators license or ability to obtain it within 120 days.
• Ability to maintain a positive attitude and demonstrate a problem-solving mentality in
the most professional manner under diverse conditions.
• Bilingual ability (English – Spanish) preferred but not required.
How to Apply: Please submit your cover letter and resume to Brian Fields, Assistant General Manager; email: email@example.com Or
Stockton Golf and Country Club
Attn: Brian Fields
3800 W. Country Club Blvd.
Stockton, CA 95204
Salary: -$65k with benefits and potential bonus package
Santa Maria Country Club seeking Golf Course Superintendent
Available Now, private 18 hole Country Club currently looking for a self-motivated Greens Superintendent with management experience. Must possess good communication skills, strong work ethic and have a strong eye for detail.
Duties include Golf Course Maintenance, Fertilizer\Pesticide application, budgeting, scheduling and purchasing. Candidate must have a minimum 3 years’ experience and have attained, or in the process of attaining, a CA Pesticide License (QAC or QAL).
Salary $70,000.00-$78,000.00Paid VacationPaid Sick LeaveEducation ExpensesGolfing PrivilegesMonthly Meal Bonus Please submit resumes to: Donna Denham General Manager firstname.lastname@example.org
Santa Maria Country Club 505 W Waller Lane Santa Maria, CA 93455 805-937-2025