Location: Shoreline Golf Links
Mountain View, CA 94043
Start Date: TBD, January 2019
Closing Date: Until filled
Respond To: James Birchall, Touchstone Golf Regional Manager
Please include resume & cover letter detailing your interest in this position.
Facility Description: Shoreline Golf Links is an 18 hole, Robert Trent Jones II designed course that opened in 1985 located in Mountain View, California in close proximity to San Francisco Bay. The golf course is a City of Mountain View facility that was constructed on a former landfill site and is adjacent to the Shoreline Amphitheater concert venue as well as the corporate campuses of Google, Linked in, and other Silicon Valley technology companies. The turfgrass varieties consist of poa annua greens, and fairways, tees and rough that is primarily ryegrass, bluegrass and poa annua. The course is irrigated with reclaimed water.
Position Summary: Oversee all activities related to the ongoing maintenance of the golf course, grounds and equipment. Given the condition of irrigating with reclaimed water, experience managing greens in this environment is a necessity. As the facility is owned by the City of Mountain View, the position requires frequent interaction with City staff including those tasked with monitoring and maintaining the former landfill site and the City’s onsite biologist.
- All activities associated with producing excellent playing conditions at the facility on a day to day basis.
- Hire, train and supervise the maintenance staff. Plan and implement staffing schedules so to ensure quality standards are achieved.
- Plan the development and implementation of a fertilizer, aeration and pest management program for proper turf grass and plant care.
- Work with City of Mountain View, Touchstone Golf and golf operations staff to continue the successful plan in place to address the negative impact of migratory birds on course conditions in accordance with laws, regulations and environmental considerations. Responsibility for the implementation of this plan at the golf course.
- Develop the annual maintenance budget and operating plan. Implement the plan according to Company operating policies and procedures to ensure cost containment.
- Supervise course improvement projects.
- Supervise equipment maintenance and repair operations. Establish and implement a cleaning and preventive maintenance program for appropriate equipment, tools, vehicles, etc.
- Support the City of Mountain View’s efforts to maintain the landfill site at the property.
- Ensure maintenance of all appropriate quality and cleanliness standards including, but not limited to, employee hygiene and uniforms, equipment repair areas, equipment storage areas, chemical and fertilizer storage areas, receiving areas, wash areas, lunch room areas, etc.
- Manage the ordering and receiving program to maintain proper inventories of supplies to ensure proper quality and price on all purchases.
- Ensure compliance with all applicable state and federal laws, OSHA rules and regulations, relating to chemical and fertilizer storage and disposal, employee safety, public safety, etc.
- Manage employment activities for applicable staff members, including but not limited to, personnel recruitment and selection, performance evaluations, training and compensation, discipline and termination, etc.
- Maintain accurate records pertaining to department activities including, but not limited to, labor schedules, water usage, course maintenance, construction activities, equipment repair, safety meetings and activities, fertilizer and chemical applications and pest control practices. Assure the efficient and timely submission of all required operational, financial, budgetary and related reports.
- Maintain knowledge of current and projected industry developments through continuous attention to industry periodicals and participation in relevant associations and organizations.
- 2 or 4-year turf management degree preferred.
- Class A Superintendent or above with 3 years golf course maintenance, supervisory and or management experience.
- Experience producing excellent playing conditions while irrigating with reclaimed water.
- Previous experience managing a course built on a landfill site is a plus.
- Demonstrates experience and capability in the areas of budget development, fiscal management, strategic planning, and staff management.
- Demonstrates excellent leadership abilities and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to analyze and solve problems, efficiently handle multiple duties under pressure with minimal supervision, and work flexible hours as required including nights and weekends as necessary.
- Positive attitude, professional manner and appearance in all situations.
- Dedication and commitment to excellent customer service.
- Proficient in Microsoft Windows, Word, and Excel.
Touchstone Golf is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Golf Maintenance Supervisor – City of Manteca
Posted December 19, 2018
The City of Manteca is currently hiring!
Under the direction of the Deputy Director, or designee, organize and direct operations and activities related to the maintenance and operations of golf course grounds areas including greens, fairways and adjacent areas.
- KNOWLEDGE OF:
Golf Course maintenance procedures including mowing, edging, raking and pest control
Policies, goals and objectives of golf course maintenance activities
Principles and practices of supervision and training
Health & safety regulations; inventory practices & procedures, record-keeping and report preparation techniques
- ABILITY TO:
Organize and direct operations and activities related to the maintenance and operations of golf course grounds areas including
greens, fairways and adjacent areas.
Participate in the planning, organization and implementation of golf course construction, alteration and installation projects.
Observe health and safety regulations.
Estimate equipment and supply needs
CalPERS retirement (formula based on
457/401 Deferred Comp plans available
10 days paid vacation
10 paid holidays
3 floating holidays
96 hours of administrative leave
Medical Coverage. Several plans to choose
from (up to $1825 paid by the City)
Dental (Delta Dental PPO)
- SALARY: $6,365-$7,735 monthly
- EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: Any combination equivalent to:
Graduation from high school supplemented by college-level course work in landscaping, horticulture or related field and three increasingly responsible grounds maintenance experience, including one year in a lead capacity
Valid California Class C Driver’s License/Valid QAC (within 12 months)
Apply online today!!! WWW.CI.MANTECA.CA.US
Tecolote Canyon Golf Course
Golf Course Superintendent Job Opportunity
Course Description: 2755 Snead Ave, San Diego CA 92111
Tecolote Canyon Golf Course is in the heart of San Diego. Nestled in Tecolote Canyon, this par 58 executive course is laid out where 9 holes go the length of the canyon and the back nine returns. A creek in the middle and steep canyon slopes on the sides make this a very challenging executive course.
- Robert Trent Jones design; Opened in 1964
- Poa annua greens
- Kikuyu/Bermuda/Rye tees, fairways and rough
- 4 co-workers on the maintenance team
- Fun course to play
- This is a great starter course for a first time Superintendent in a great location!
- 2 year turf certificate in turf or horticulture related major is preferred
- Minimum of 5 years golf course management experience at the level of Asst. Supt or higher.
- Poa/bent greens management experience
- Strong agronomic background
- Good communication skills
- Hands on management style
- Excellent work ethic
- Team building and motivational abilities
- Spanish speaking a plus
- Eye for detail
- Self motivated
- Innovative thinker and problem solver
Salary $50,000 – $55,000 Commensurate with experience
Benefits 10% bonus, 401k, health, dental, vision, life insurance, vacation, national and local dues paid, potential for profit sharing
To apply please send resume to:
David Waymire, Mission Trails Golf Course
7380 Golfcrest Place, San Diego, CA 92119
Office – (619) 337-1409, email@example.com
emailed resumes are preferred