Cherry Island Golf Course Irrigation Technician
June 8, 2017
The Irrigation Manager is responsible for the maintenance and operation of the irrigation system, for the golf course and common grounds. The Irrigation Manager is an integral part of the Maintenance Operation and functions as a key player on our team.
- Able to work well under pressure and balance multiple priorities and assignments
- Must be change adaptive, flexible.
- Demonstrated initiative – ability to think, work, and make independent decisions based on sound judgment
- Ability to work well under pressure and balance multiple priorities and assignments to meet deadlines
- Strong team-building skills including the ability to lead, cooperate, motivate, and contribute as part of a team with representatives from multiple disciplines.
- Must be willing to “roll-up” sleeves and dig in with staff to drive processes that support the business
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must be comfortable working in a fast paced environment.
- Must be able to consistently achieve high work standards; attention to detail, accuracy and timeliness a must.
- Minimum Experience 2 years landscape
- High school diploma or equivalent; 2-3 years related experience
- Able to demonstrate a thorough working knowledge of irrigation system components.
- Must be self-motivated and able to supervise the duties of direct reports.
- Must be able to interact positively with public
- Must have a current valid drivers license
$13.00 – $16.00(Hourly Wage)DOE
Send resume to Kurtis Wolford. Kwolford@empiregolf.com 916-991-7659
SUMMARY: The Irrigation Technician is responsible for the programming, operation and maintenance of the golf course irrigation system(s). The Irrigation Technician is required to report any irregularities in course turf quality to the Superintendent or Assistant Superintendent.Duties and RESPONSIBILITIES:The following reflects management’s definition of essential functions for this job but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons
- Waters greens, tees and fairways.
- Operates irrigation heads in dry areas needing additional water.
- Repairs the irrigation system, pipes and irrigation heads as needed.
- Completes requests for irrigation and course parts and supplies.
- Repairs greens with seeds or plugs of new grass when needed.
- Grades and prepares soil base, lays sod and seeds greens, tees and fairways.
- Operates dump trucks and other light equipment in hauling materials and removing debris.
- Occasionally supervises a small labor force for special projects
- Perform routine safety inspections on all irrigation equipment
- Other duties as assigned
- Minimum experience of one year in a similar position
- Must be eligible to work in the United States
- Must have reliable transportation
- Must be able to pass a criminal background check
- Working knowledge of basic electricity and hydraulics related to an irrigation system, including automatic valves and controllers, and working knowledge of various types of pumps and pumping systems.
- Understanding of agronomy, turfgrass science and the rules of golf.
- Knowledge of tools, methods and materials used in grounds and landscape area maintenance work.
- Ability to operate light motorized equipment.
- Ability to follow oral and written directions.
- Possess a valid driver’s license.
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
Interested applicants should contact Mark McKinney at email@example.com.
Redox Turf Product Representative
|Job Title:||TURF PRODUCT REPRESENTATIVE||Job Category:||TURF|
|Location:||SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA||Travel Required:||50%|
|Level:||EXPERIENCED SUPERINTENDANT OR AGRONOMIST||Position Type:||FULL TIME|
|HR Contact:||TRENT WHITING||Contact:||firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Will Train Applicant(s):||YES||Posting Expires:||Open|
· Proven sales experience
· Travel within designated region
· Familiar with Redox products
· Superintendent Experience
· Computer use and competency
· Power Point experience
· Strong communication, negotiation and interpersonal skills
· BS degree in Plant and Soil Science
· Competitive salary
· Health, Dental, and Vision insurance
· 401K program with match up to 4%
· Company Vehicle
· Travel Expense Allowance
· Year end bonus based on department & personal performance
· Cell Phone
· Home Internet Allowance $50/month
|Role and Responsibilities
Looking for a competitive Southern California Sales Representative to develop sales, strategies, attract new clients and manage current distribution. Will be required to call on Golf courses to implement Redox fertility programs in conjunction with existing distribution or independently where no distribution is in place.
A successful Regional Sales Rep will play a key role in increasing income and revenue by managing and working with current distribution and making direct sales where no distribution has been established.
A successful Regional Sales Rep will look for areas where Redox is not being promoted and establish direct sales in that area.
Personality is key to being successful in this position. Must be able to develop trusting relationships and be an individual of high morals and integrity