Assistant Superintendent Valley Club of Montecito
Posted October 23, 2017
Educational Requirements: 2 or 4 year turf degree
Special Requirements: Minimum of two years’ experience. Commit to working long hours, weekends and holidays. Ability to obtain a CA pesticide applicator license
Chemical and fertilizer applications, plant protectant record keeping. Irrigation repair and operation knowledge
Strong attention to detail, passion for excellence, self-starter, positive attitude. Excellent communication skills
Ability to speak/learn Spanish a plus.
Comments: The Valley Club of Montecito is an 18 hole private club located in Santa Barbara, CA. The course
was designed by Alister MacKenzie and Robert Hunter in 1929. The Valley Club is consistently ranked in the top 100 by several golf course publications. The Club is in the early stage of planning for a new irrigation system with an install date of 2019/2020. The greens were restored in 2007 by Tom Doak and Jim Urbina to bentgrass and the fairways/rough was converted to bermuda grass in 2012/2013.
Salary/Benefits: 40K plus housing and utilities
Health, dental and vision care, 401K, club matches 6% gross salary, Professional association dues, Golfing privileges
Applicants should send resume to Roger Robarge at firstname.lastname@example.org
NO PHONE CALLS
Assistant Superintendent Position
Lincoln Hills Golf Club, Lincoln, CA
August 15, 2017
As a key member of the property’s golf course maintenance team, the Assistant Superintendent reports directly to the Golf Course Superintendent and assists with the day-to-day oversight of the maintenance and agronomic practices of the golf course and adjacent grounds, including but not limited to the clubhouse landscaping and maintenance complex.
- Supervises and trains foreman, irrigation technician and other employees in the maintenance department
- Prepares weekly schedules for foreman, irrigations staff and other employees in the maintenance department
- Monitors inventory of all maintenance equipment and the use of the equipment, preventative maintenance schedule, and safety training
- Works closely with Superintendent in managing annual budget and maintenance recordkeeping
- Works closely with Superintendent in preparing short-term and long-term agronomic strategies to maintenance of the golf course daily, weekly, monthly and yearly fertilization, irrigation, etc. schedules
- Calibrates and operates pesticide sprayers
- Assists Superintendent in informing members about present and future maintenance activities
- 1-3 years turf grass management experience required
- Supervisory experience required
- A four-year college degree preferred, but not required
- GCSAA Member or apprentice preferred, but not required
- Knowledge of budgeting and expense management
- Must possess basic computer skills – Word and Excel
- Must have a strong business aptitude and passion for the golf business
- Must be highly organized and efficient with a high attention to detail
- Must have exceptional communication and interpersonal skills
- Must possess strong analytical and problem solving skills
Salary: salary is $43,680-$45,000.
Contact via email only.
Jason Wolf | Superintendent
1405 E Joiner Parkway | Lincoln CA 95648 | USA
Assistant Superintendent, Half Moon Bay Golf Links
Posted July 1, 2017
Half Moon Bay Golf Links is now accepting resumes for the position of Assistant Golf Course Superintendent.
Half Moon Bay Golf Links is a 36 hole daily fee facility, located on the San Mateo County Coast approximately 25 miles south of San Francisco. The Old Course was designed by Arnold Palmer and opened in 1974. The Ocean Course was designed by Arthur Hills and opened in 1997. Arthur Hills also redesigned the Old Course in 1999. The two courses cover approximately 200 acres.
- Greens are Poa/Bent.
- Tees, Fairways and Rough are Poa/Bent/Rye mix.
- The Ocean Course has approximately 40 acres of native grasses.
- Both courses have Rain Bird Cirrus irrigation systems and Flowtronix pump stations.
- The water source for both courses is a combination of well and domestic water.
Under the supervision of the Superintendent, the Assistant Superintendent is responsible for:
- Planning and implementing daily maintenance programs and projects.
- Directing maintenance staff.
- Developing irrigation, fertility and pest control programs.
- Candidates must be available to work weekends and holidays.
Two or four year degree in turf management or related field.
Basic computer skills including a working understanding of Microsoft Office.
California Qualified Applicators Certificate (QAC).
Two years as a First or Second Assistant Superintendent, Field Supervisor or Foreman.
Applicants with no golf course maintenance background will be considered if they have worked in a related field such as landscape maintenance or construction.
Good communication skills.
Salary and Benefits
Annual salary: $50,000 to $55,000.
Health, dental and vision plan provided.
Paid membership dues for GCSAA and GCSANC.
Please email resumes or any inquiries to:
Director of Golf Course Maintenance
Schaffers’s Mill Golf & Lake Club: Assistant Golf Course Superintendent Posted June 28, 2017
Direct Report Relationship: Superintendent
POSITION SUMMARY: As a member of a golf maintenance team, the Assistant Superintendent will coordinate daily operations of the maintenance staff. This includes meeting or exceeding our established standards for employee satisfaction, guest satisfaction, sales and financial performance. As an Assistant Superintendent you must lead by example by taking a proactive position to all issues concerning the golf maintenance staff.
ORGANIZATIONAL STRUCTURE: The Assistant Superintendent organizes and directs the daily activities of the golf maintenance staff.
- Must be proactive in developing long range plans for the division so as to facilitate the continual delivery of exceptional products to the marketplace and profit contributions to the Company.
- Mentor and help develop staff in all areas. This includes equipment operations, irrigation maintenance and operation, spraying techniques and safety orientation and training.
- Interview, hire and coach staff members as needed.
- Create a fun work environment. He/she will inspire, motivate and lead by example.
- Directly supervise staff by carrying out the responsibilities in accordance with BlueStar Resort & Golf policies and procedures. This will include planning, assigning and at times performing activities of workers supervised.
- Accept the responsibilities of personal decisions and actions. He/she will also assume responsibilities of the Superintendent in the Superintendent’s absence.
- Spontaneously recognize success.
- Maintaining open lines of communication between the golf shop staff and golf maintenance staff. He/she will work together with the golf shop to facilitate outings and tournaments.
- Communicate effectively with the direct staff in regards to daily operations and tasks.
- Work with the Superintendent to communicate the goals and objectives of BlueStar Resort & Golf to existing staff and new staff members.
- Work with the Superintendent to communicate daily, weekly and monthly tasks.
- Monitor maintenance and repair of equipment to ensure proper operation. Communication between the Equipment Manager, Assistant Superintendent, and Superintendent is a must to ensure timely completion of job tasks if equipment breaks down.
- The Assistant Superintendent will, along with the Irrigation Manager, monitor the operation of pumps and drainage systems to ensure their operation.
- Anticipate fertilizer requirements for the week, month and year. He/she will also help maintain inventory of various fertilizer and chemicals.
- Attend seminars to help keep abreast of developments in the golf industry.
- Become familiar with budgeting, payroll, and purchasing .He/she will also work with the Superintendent to monitor expenses.
- Coordinate daily crew assignments. At the end of each work day he/she will consider the following:
- Work assigned that day which is left undone
- Work that is required on a regular basis for the next particular work day
- Special projects
- Special instructions from the Superintendent.
- Special instructions from the golf shop (i.e. tournaments, VIP’s, etc)
- Write out the daily schedule on paper for the file.
- At the end of the day, the Assistant Superintendent will put the next day first assignment on the work board.The next day, before first assignment completion, the Assistant Superintendent will commit second assignments to the work board and adjust the daily schedule for file (i.e. sick, change of tasks, etc.).
- Responsible for the supervision and follow up of all crew assignments.This is important to ensure standards and quality.
- Communicate daily with the Irrigation Manager to discuss nightly water requirements; moisture on greens, tees, fairways, rough, trees, tee plants, etc. operations of main pumps, operations of fertigation injection system
- Discuss with the Second Assistant Superintendent the next day fertigation/chemical application and coordinate as directed by Superintendent.
- Able to calibrate all types of spreaders and sprayers.It is also necessary to provide instruction to individuals using the spreaders and sprayers.
- Purchase parts and materials as needed.
- Able to work well under pressure and balance multiple priorities and assignments
- Must be change adaptive, flexible, and empathetic
- Must be highly customer oriented and responsive with a high need for closure
- Demonstrated initiative – ability to think, work, and make independent decisions based on sound judgment
- Ability to work well under pressure and balance multiple priorities and assignments to meet deadlines
- Strong team-building skills including the ability to lead, cooperate, motivate, and contribute as part of a team with representatives from multiple disciplines.
- Must be willing to “roll-up” sleeves and dig in with staff to drive processes that support the business
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must be comfortable working in a fast paced environment where continuous improvement is expected
- Must be able to consistently achieve high work standards; attention to detail, accuracy and timeliness a must.
Knowledge / Skills
- Bachelors’ degree, college or university program certificate, or 2-4 years related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of years and experience.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general trade and business periodicals.Ability to respond to common inquiries or needs of staff members, guests, and vendors.Ability to present information to top management.
- Must be able to calculate figures and amounts such as calibration rates, proportions, percentages and volume.
- Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Ability to read budgets and interpret numbers.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
- SPCC license, State and National GCSAA
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is:
- Frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts and outside whether conditions.
- Occasionally exposed to high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals; and vibration.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Occasionally exposed to high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals; and vibration.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Specific vision required by this job includes; close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
· Position: Assistant Superintendent
Schaffer’s Mill Golf & Lake Club
9045 Heartwood Drive, Truckee, CA 96161
Salary: $50,000/$55,000 Annually DOE
Email resumes to Rob Williams at email@example.comPeacock Gap Golf Club Assistant SuperintendentPosted June 2017
Rated “Best of the County” by Marin Magazine and located 5 miles north of San Francisco in the heart of Marin County, Peacock Gap Golf Club has been a pillar of the golf community for decades. The championship level course cultivates a true love for the game with year-round tournaments and a full calendar of events that unfold in an unparalleled setting. Enjoy gorgeous views of Marin while playing on one of California’s best heritage courses.Peacock Gap is looking for talented and motivated individual who can grow with us and can deliver best-in-class customer service on a scale not seen in the industry. If you are a high-performing, outgoing, service-oriented individual looking for a chance to make a difference, you belong at Peacock Gap. Peacock Gap Golf Club offers an exciting and fulfilling career opportunity for those who thrive in a fast-paced, energizing environment.POSITION SUMMARY: The assistant superintendent will report directly to the course superintendent while communicating with staff and ownership. Under the superintendents supervision the assistant will participate and implement maintenance practices including fertility planning and application, pesticide planning and application, and water management. The assistant will also be responsible to supervise and manage the maintenance staff while performing related work as required. This is a “hands on” position requiring the assistant to participate in daily tasks while managing the crew. The assistant superintendent may serve in the superintendent’s capacity during his absence.
- – Assists in planning and supervising the maintenance of greens, tees and fairways; schedules work; and supervises the employees and the use of the equipment.
- – Instructs equipment operators on the operation and care of mowing and other equipment; supervises pesticide applications and/or operates and calibrates pesticide application equipment; and supervises and participates in the operation and maintenance of pumps, and in the maintenance of irrigation and drainage systems.
- – Assists in personnel management and evaluation, employee safety and personnel discipline.
- – May modify the daily work schedule based on professional interpretation.
- – Minimum of 2 years of experience in golf course maintenance.
- – Working knowledge of the maintenance of golf course tees, fairways and greens; seeding and maintenance practices for golf course turf; planting, cultivating, pruning, and caring for plants, shrubs and trees; characteristics and proper use of various fertilizers and soil conditioners; herbicides and pest control methods and materials; drainage control methods; and irrigation systems, including wells, pumps and automatic controls.
- – Ability to schedule and supervise maintenance work to achieve the most efficient utilization of workers and equipment; prepare clear and concise reports; and maintain effective employee and public relations.
- – Possession of a valid driver’s license.
- – May require current state certification or licensing as a pesticide applicator.
For more information about company, please visit our website at www.peacockgapgolfclub.com.
To apply for this position, please visit http://peacockgapgolfclub.careerplug.com/j/051tnd please include salary range requirements with your resume.
COMP INFO: Up to $40,000 DOE + incentive bonus
Shayna Bowman Human Resources Specialist
Syufy Enterprises 150 Pelican Way San Rafael, CA 94901
(p) 415-448-8408 (f) 415-448-8410
Crystal Springs Golf Course:
Position Title: Assistant Superintendent
Position Available: 5/29/17
Course description: Designed by Herbert Fowler and built in 1924, located within a 32,000-acre watershed above Crystal Springs Reservoir; the course is an 18-hole public golf facility near San Francisco, Ca.
Job Description: The Assistant Superintendent will support the duties and responsibilities of the Golf Course Superintendent including, but not limited to:
- Maintaining Golf Course, Driving Range, Wedding Site, Entry, and Clubhouse areas
- Assisting with current programs in place such as Audubon and Wildlife at Work Certification
- Community outreach, including First Tee program
- Scheduling daily job assignments
- Irrigation scheduling
- Planning and implementing Agronomic plan
- Fertilizer and Chemical applications
- 2-4 year Turfgrass Management Degree of related field. Ideally a minimum of 2 years golf course experience
- Have or be able to obtain (QAL) California Pesticide License within 6-months
- Ability to communicate and supervise the crew effectively, both orally and in writing
- Motivated self-starter
- Must be highly organized, efficient and detail oriented
- Valid Drivers License
- Bilingual is a plus
Salary & Benefits $47,000-$53,000 Depends on experience. Medical, dental and vision, Local and National GCSAA dues, Attend local meetings and seminars, Vacation
Send resumes to: Darin Pakkala, Golf Course Superintendent, Crystal Springs Golf Course, firstname.lastname@example.org
Assistant Golf Course Superintendent
Location: Baylands Golf Links at Palo Alto
1875 Embarcadero Rd, East Palo Alto, CA 94303-3333
Posted May 2, 2017
Contact information: Adam Kloster CGCS
Course info: The City of Palo Alto’s Golf Course Reconfigurations Project will transform the Municipal Golf course into a links style course incorporating the native look and feel of the Palo Alto Baylands. Course is currently closed with a planned opening for November 2017. Course will be sprigged Platinum Paspalum for all areas except the Putting greens. Putting greens will be seeded with the Bentgrass Variety Pure Select. Sprigging will begin in May 2017 and Seeding will begin in June 2017.
Educational Requirements: A degree or advanced knowledge of agronomy, horticulture, or plant and soil science preferred
- Work with Course Superintendent to implement agronomic plan
- Program and operate Toro Lynx two wire system
- Supervise Employee Training
- Prep Course for November 2017 Grand opening.
- Experience in golf course management and turf culture preferred.
- Written communication skills and computer proficiency.
- Must obtain and maintain state sanctioned pesticide applicator license within 6 months of entry into this job.
- Familiar with the characteristics and proper use of fertilizers and soil conditioners.
- Knowledge of irrigation including watering practices, irrigation systems, pumps, automatic controls and drainage.
- Valid driver’s license.
Date Position Available: Immediately
Email resume to: Adam.Kloster@brightview.com
Salary Range: D.O.E
Benefits: Health insurance, life insurance, 401k, annual vacation, annual sick leave, uniforms provided, GCSAA and local association dues paid
Cameron Park Country ClubApril 20, 2017Cameron Park CC is currently seeking to fill an Assistant Superintendent position with a minimum 3 year experience in the golf course maintenance field. CPCC is an 18 -hole private country club located on the foothills of El Dorado County. The position involves the responsibility of running a golf maintenance crew of up to 15 employees including an equipment technician, crew foreman, irrigation technician and chemical technician in addition to the 9 full time and seasonal greenkeepers and equipment operators. Knowledge and experience with Rainbird Maxi Irrigation system is desirable; must possess a valid State of California Qualified Applicator Certificate or obtained within 6 months of hire; must have experience with poa annua greens; experience with both cool and warm season turf grass maintenance is desirable; Spanish speaking is a plus. Individual must be self motivated, flexible with work hours including overtime and weekends. Paying attention to detail is a must.Benefits include medical and dental insurance after an introduction period, discounted meals, PTO, golf privileges and membership to SNGCSA.Salary range : Based on experience and education.Send resume to: Jessie Creencia,CGCS3201 Royal Drive, Cameron Park, CA 95682Or CallYocha Dehe Golf Club
April 20, 2017
Yocha Dehe Golf Club located in Brooks, Ca is excited to announce the exceptional career opportunity of Golf Assistant Superintendent. Qualified candidates will thrive in a hospitality environment and be highly focused on providing superior service for our guests.
GOLF ASSISTANT SUPEINTENDENT:
Oversees the maintenance and construction of the golf course (or courses) and ensures that turf grass is repaired and maintained to established standards.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Works with the Superintendent to ensure that the annual golf course maintenance budget and capital plans are maintained and followed.
Supervises and assists maintenance staff in daily duties.
Assists in the planning, organizing and direction of the maintenance and construction of putting greens, tees, fairways, roughs, and bunkers.
Supervises the planting and cultural practices involved in growing various turf grasses, trees and ornamental plants.
Ensures that construction equipment is properly maintained.
Assists in the procurement of supplies and materials and ensures costs remain within budgetary limitations.
Keeps records of annual maintenance activities and costs and assists with the preparation of required prepares reports.
Follows sound purchasing procedures utilizing preferred vendors, when possible.
Reconciles and provides timely coding of all invoices, payroll and other required documents.
Coordinates snow removal (depending upon facility location).
Ensures all company policies and procedures are followed including compliance with government regulations.
Ensures associates obtain proper license needed to perform job tasks safely and within city, state, and federal regulations.
Addresses directly all real or perceived environmental concerns.
Manages department members that may include, but is not limited to: Mechanic, Environmental Tech, Spray Tech, Greenskeepers 1,2,3 and Irrigation Technician.
Assures that effective orientation and training are given to each new associate.
Develops ongoing training programs.
Monitors business volume forecast and plans accordingly in areas of manpower, productivity, costs and other expenses.
Responsible for implementing and maintaining excellent service to achieve guest satisfaction.
Communicates any changes or new policies and procedures to the department.
Conducts staff meetings with subordinates.
Maintains flexibility to take on new and different tasks as directed by the Department Manager.
Incorporates safe work practices in job performance.
Attends staff meetings.
Directly supervises the employees in the Golf Department. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily with or without reasonable accommodations. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Experience and/or Education
Bachelors degree, Associate’s degree (AA) or equivalent from four or two-year college or technical school; three to four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience (Degree preference in agronomy/ horticulture/ plant/soil science). Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications.
Cache Creek Casino Resort is owned and operated by the Yocha Dehe Wintun Nation, located in Brooks, California. From its humble beginnings as a bingo hall in 1985, Cache Creek now encompasses 74,720-square feet of casino space featuring 2,600 slot machines and 142 table games.
The 415,000-square foot property also include a 200-room luxury hotel and full-service spa, eight restaurants, Club 88 entertainment venue, outdoor swimming pool, Casino Gift Shop, Mini Mart, Gas Station, Fire Station, and a 18 hole Championship Golf Course.
We also offer a comprehensive benefit package to our employees which include:
- Medical, Prescription, Dental, and Vision
- Life Insurance
- 401 k
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Gas Discount
- Free Meals
- Paid Time Off
- Weekly Paychecks
- Employee Discounts at our Restaurants and Spa
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Promotion Opportunities
- Carpooling Program
- Wellness Program
If you’re interested in working in a fun and exciting environment, please visit us online at https://careers-cachecreek.icims.com/jobs/3990/golf-assistant-superintendent/job and complete an application!