Yolo Fliers Club
October 19, 2017
Position Available: December 1, 2017
Member owned Private 18 hole course 24-30k annual rounds Bent/Poa Greens
Duties Include: Course Maintenance, fertilizer/pesticide application, budgeting, purchasing, clubhouse landscaping and equipment maintenance.
Requirements: 4 year degree: related field, Superintendent experience required and/or Assistant Superintendent experience required. Play the game of Golf, GCSAA Certification and Membership preferred.
Salary/Benefits: Annual Basic Salary range: $62,500 to $80,000. Paid health (Medical, Dental & Vision) insurance (75% of premium), paid vacation, paid sick leave and paid GCSAA dues. Meals provided. Paid expenses for regional & national education seminars & golf course show. 401K and golfing privileges.
Send Resumes To: Yolo Fliers Club Attention: Jeff Burger, 17980 County Road 94 B Woodland, CA 95695 Phone 530-662-0281
Rio Bravo Country Club
September 20, 2017
Facility Description: Rio Bravo Country Club is an 18-hole Private Club located in in the foothills east of Bakersfield. The course was recently in danger of closing and was purchased by a group of local investors in July 2017. The turfgrass varieties consist of bent grass/poa annua greens, and common Bermuda grass fairways, tees and rough.
Position Summary: Oversee all activities related to the ongoing maintenance of the golf course, grounds and equipment. As the greens are primarily bentgrass and experience managing this turf variety and producing excellent playing conditions is a key requirement. The position requires significant interaction with the membership and as such, highly developed communication skills (oral and written) are required. The Superintendent will lead the staff recruiting, hiring and training effort in the maintenance department.
- All activities associated with producing excellent playing conditions at the Club on a day to day basis.
- Hire, train and supervise the maintenance staff. Plan and implement staffing schedules so to ensure quality standards are achieved.
- Plan the development and implementation of a fertilizer, aeration and pest management program for proper turf grass and plant care.
- Continue implementation of Club’s efforts toward water conservation.
- Develop the annual maintenance budget and operating plan with input from grounds and greens committee and Touchstone Golf staff. Implement the plan according to Company operating policies and procedures to ensure goals are achieved.
- Participate with the development of course improvement projects and lead the implementation of the projects at present the Club is in the early stages of planning a bunker renovation project. Supervise equipment maintenance and repair operations. Establish and implement a cleaning and preventive maintenance program for appropriate equipment, tools, vehicles, etc.
- Ensure maintenance of all appropriate quality and cleanliness standards including, but not limited to, employee hygiene and uniforms, equipment repair areas, equipment storage areas, chemical and fertilizer storage areas, receiving areas, wash areas, lunch room areas, etc.
- Manage the ordering and receiving program to maintain proper inventories of supplies to ensure proper quality and price on all purchases.
- Ensure compliance with all applicable state and federal laws, OSHA rules and regulations, relating to chemical and fertilizer storage and disposal, employee safety, public safety, etc.
- Manage employment activities for applicable staff members, including but not limited to, personnel recruitment and selection, performance evaluations, training and compensation, discipline and termination, etc.
- Maintain accurate records pertaining to department activities including, but not limited to, labor schedules, water usage, course maintenance, construction activities, equipment repair, safety meetings and activities, fertilizer and chemical applications and pest control practices. Assure the efficient and timely submission of all required operational, financial, budgetary and related reports.
- Work with membership of Rio Bravo Country Club, Touchstone Golf and golf operations staff to develop plan to address the negative impact of migratory birds on course conditions in accordance with laws, regulations and environmental considerations.
- Maintain knowledge of current and projected industry developments through continuous attention to industry periodicals and participation in relevant associations and organizations.
- 2 or 4-year turf management degree preferred.
- Class A Superintendent or above with 3 years’ golf course maintenance, supervisory and or management experience or Assistant Superintendent with 5 years’ experience in a supervisory/leadership role.
- Experience producing excellent playing conditions with efficient irrigation water use.
- Ability to analyze and solve problems, efficiently handle multiple duties under pressure with minimal supervision, and work flexible hours as required including nights and weekends as necessary.
- Demonstrates experience and capability in the areas of budget development, fiscal management, strategic planning, and staff management.
- Demonstrates excellent leadership abilities and interpersonal communication skills.
- Positive attitude, professional manner and appearance in all situations.
- Dedication and commitment to excellent member service.
- Proficient in Microsoft Windows, Word, and Excel.
Start Date: September/October 2017 timeframe
Salary: $65,000 annually plus 5% bonus potential
Respond to: Mark Luthman, firstname.lastname@example.org, Please include resume and letter detailing your interest in this position
Touchstone Golf is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Cameron Park Country Club Golf Course Superintendent
Posted August 11, 2017
FACILITY DESCRIPTION: Founded in 1962, Cameron Park Country Club is a private, member-owned country club located 30 minutes east of Sacramento, in Northern California’s Sierra Foothills. Facilities include a recently renovated clubhouse, 18-hole championship caliber golf course, driving range, practice facility, tennis courts and swimming pool. Membership is comprised of 325 golfing members with a membership total of 440. The golf course is open year round and hosts approximately 34,000 rounds a year. Annual revenues exceed $3.5 million with a $1.1 million grounds maintenance budget. The Clubs well respected Superintendent is retiring after a 14 years of fantastic service for Cameron Park Country Club.
Cameron Park Country Club is located on the web at http://www.cameronparkcc.com
POSITION DESCRIPTION: The Golf Course Superintendent (GCS) will manage all aspects of the golf course and maintenance facility. The GCS will report directly to the General Manager and is an active member of the property leadership team. The GCS attends all Green Committee and monthly Board of Director’s meeting. Duties & responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- The maintenance, operation and management of the golf course and Club grounds including out-buildings, trees, shrubs, flower beds, roads, paths and parking lots.
- Supervision of course renovations, construction and maintenance equipment.
- Render advice, opinions, recommendations, assistance and services to the Board of Directors, Green Committee and General Manager as required.
- Translate General Manager’s and/or Board of Director’s directives into action plans and ensure & oversee the successful execution of these plans.
- Perform his duties in accordance with current federal, state and local laws and regulations affecting the management of the golf course operations – including, but not limited to, employment, safety and environmental stewardship standards.
- Budgeting – Prepare the annual grounds departmental operating budget for the maintenance and capital improvement process of the Club’s property and submit to General Manager.
- Personnel – Interview, hire, schedule, discipline, direct and manage a staff of employees for the purpose of maintaining the Club’s property. Create an environment that values teamwork, performance and accountability for meeting the needs of the membership.
- Planning – Plan all maintenance and project work, applying agronomic and administrative expertise to achieve the Club’s maintenance standards and long-range goals.
- Purchasing – Acquire equipment and purchase necessary supplies to maintain the Club’s property, responsible for inventory control and overseeing the equipment maintenance programs.
- Fiscal Responsibility – Approve all expenditures and exercise cost control measures to keep as nearly as possible, operating and capital expenses within the approved budgets.
- Records – Keep accurate and complete records on payroll, inventory, purchases, weather, maintenance procedures, pesticide & insecticide applications, fertilizer and amendment applications, etc.
- Communications – Communicate regularly with the General Manager, Head Golf Professional and Committee chairs to discuss activities, goals, plans, priorities and member & committee input.
- Asset Protection – Secure and protect Club assets, including facilities and equipment; oversee the care and maintenance of all products of the Club’s physical assets and facilities.
- Attend all Greens and Board of Directors meetings.
- Has a thorough understanding of golf course agronomics and maintenance practices including cultural and agronomic practices associated with maintaining a golf course in the Northern California, Central Valley/Foothill region and utilizes this knowledge to maintain and enhance course conditions at all times.
- Has a thorough knowledge of chemicals, pesticides, insecticides and fertilizer applications and timetables to ensure optimum turf health and growth during all seasons while minimizing weed infestation, and controlling of agronomic pests without additional course down-time.
- Understands and adheres to all county, state and federal regulations for chemical storage, chemical applications, environmental protection laws, agronomic practices and EPA regulations.
- Has a thorough working knowledge of the various systems inherent to a golf course such as, but not limited to irrigation, electrical, lift station, drainage, wash down bay operations & compliance, septic tanks, etc.
- Has a working knowledge of and maintains and utilizes grounds maintenance equipment in good working order; recommends the purchase or lease of new equipment; maintains a safe, clean and organized maintenance facility and compound for employees; maintains an adequate amount of tools, parts and employee safety equipment to ensure uninterrupted service to the course and facilities.
- Has a thorough knowledge and can delegate the various jobs associated with the complete maintenance of the golf course, practice facilities, clubhouse grounds and various other facilities located thereon and to a lesser degree, the pool and golf clubhouse.
- Has a thorough knowledge of hiring, discipline and terminating employees utilizing the correct EEO and Human resource procedures to protect the Club from lawsuits and liability.
- Minimum 3-5 years as a Golf Course Superintendent with private club experience
- Class A Superintendent required
- Certified Golf Course Superintendent is preferred
- Previous experience at a private country club required
- Pesticide License required
- Bachelor’s degree in Agronomy, Architectural Landscaping or related field preferred
- Strong management and supervisory skills required
- Possess strong leadership and interpersonal skills
- Excel at decision-making, problem solving, teamwork, planning, organizing and delivering results
- Salary: $90,000 – $100,000 Bonus: 5% based on overall performance
- Auto allowance: $400/Month
- Paid time off (PTO): Per the Club’s employee handbook
- Health insurance: Per the Club’s insurance policy
- Dental insurance: Per the Club’s insurance policy
- 401K: Per the Club’s 401K policy
- Educational benefits: $3,500/annual
- GCSAA dues: National & local chapter
- Use of cell phone & service
- Reimbursable travel-related expenses when on Club business
Resume deadline: August 31, 2017
Anticipated Start Date: November 1, 2017
Mail or Email Resumes to: Cameron Park Country Club
Attn: Jason Poindexter, General Manager
3201 Royal Drive
Cameron Park, Ca 95682
No fax resumes accepted